Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Beneath the Surface
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end of semester is nearing (or maybe already ended for some?) for those of us in college.

I was wondering how everyone is feeling heading going into finals this semester? What classes do you feel you will do well in and what classes are dreading showing up to for that final day because you are unsure of whether or not you will pass?

For me I would say English is the class I worry about the most. The rest I think I will be fine in.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Typical pre-finals state: in need of a shower, overly caffeinated, needing to clean the apartment, finding anything non-academic related to be super interesting, sleeping little, studying little

My school has somewhat conditioned me to fear finals as the accommodations they promise me rarely work out.

Anyway, I've written chemistry already and just have environmental chem to go. Good luck!

·
sad panda
675 Posts
Not feeling so hot lately. Am not looking forward to finals.. I only have two real ones this semester, but I've been skipping a lot of class and am really behind in them: plants and civilization and art of africa. Really hoping to at least get Bs in these classes.. Good luck in English!

·
J. Alfred Prufrock
479 Posts
I finished finals yesterday, actually. I think I did all right.

·
sad panda
675 Posts
Granted we're from different schools and the courses probably are not the same BUT did you like this course? I reluctantly signed up for "Plants & People" next semester and am uncertain if it'll be a sleeper or not.
Actually it was very interesting! It was a good class for me, I just got super lazy going to it, cause all the power points were online. It was the recitation that really got me, meeting in smaller classes once a week to discuss things, ew.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
None of my classes are my strong classes. so I will be studying heavily for all of them.

I have written a 10 page psychology paper, a 3 page history paper, and 4 outlines for 4 possible essay questions for my art final. All of which I have done / will do this weekend.

This is the worst finals experience I have ever had! I have been studying / writing these papers nonstop for the past 3 days and will continue to do so for 3 more days... but I blame myself. I'm a procrastinator and now I'm pressed on time.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Actually it was very interesting! It was a good class for me, I just got super lazy going to it, cause all the power points were online. It was the recitation that really got me, meeting in smaller classes once a week to discuss things, ew.
Thanks for letting me know. :) This one's through a distance ed. format (online) through the university so fortunately I can avoid that. I just find that I, like so many, don't always do well if I don't care about the content.

Unit 1: Getting Started
Unit 2: Medicinal Plants
Unit 3: The Search for Medicinal Plants
Unit 4: Psychoactive Drugs from Plants
Unit 5: Wood, Paper, Cork and Bamboo
Unit 6: Ornamental Plants
Unit 7: Oily, Waxy and Sticky Substances
Unit 8: Fibers, Dyes and Tannins
Unit 9: Edible Roots, Stems and Leaves
Unit 10: Edible Fruits and Nuts
Unit 11: Herbs, Spices and Perfumes
Unit 12: Beverages

Biology is a prereq but...yeahhhh...

·
Beneath the Surface
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
None of my classes are my strong classes. so I will be studying heavily for all of them.

I have written a 10 page psychology paper, a 3 page history paper, and 4 outlines for 4 possible essay questions for my art final. All of which I have done / will do this weekend.

This is the worst finals experience I have ever had! I have been studying / writing these papers nonstop for the past 3 days and will continue to do so for 3 more days... but I blame myself. I'm a procrastinator and now I'm pressed on time.
Man that's what my workload was looking like last semester. I made sure I didn't procrastinate like that again this semester.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts