Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
Ok wow, I don't even know if I should even feel good about something so embarrassed, but anyway, I'm 26 years old and finally started working one week ago.
There's many reasons why it took so long, but I just want to mention one of them: dreading job interviews.
I still dread them, I just decided to hope that interview-free jobs exist.AND THEY DO! just in case anyone else is struggling with mainly this problem: some people will hire you even if you just..want the job.
My whole interview was just some lady telling me about the work schedule and salary and stuff then asked me if I'm interested and when can I start. So that was great.
Now, let's just hope I don't get fired cause I'm quite stupid.

EDIT
Umm..ok I DID get fired 馃う ffs.
Oh well..I mean, I did finally get a job even though it didn't last long, that's still worth something,no? 馃ズ
I literally don't know. Trying not give up and try harder next time. 馃ゲ

Registered
Hi!
Ok wow, I don't even know if I should even feel good about something so embarrassed, but anyway, I'm 26 years old and finally started working one week ago.
There's many reasons why it took so long, but I just want to mention one of them: dreading job interviews.
I still dread them, I just decided to hope that interview-free jobs exist.AND THEY DO! just in case anyone else is struggling with mainly this problem: some people will hire you even if you just..want the job.
My whole interview was just some lady telling me about the work schedule and salary and stuff then asked me if I'm interested and when can I start. So that was great.
Now, let's just hope I don't get fired cause I'm quite stupid.
Nice one 馃憤 You said you have been there a week. How has the week there been? 馃檪

Irretrievably Lost
Nice, congrats!

I also have a lot of difficulty with interviews. Nothing not even death scares me more. They're brutal. So it's cool if you can get a job without one.

Reactions: snow_drop

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one 馃憤 You said you have been there a week. How has the week there been? 馃檪
Sometimes it's okay, sometimes It's annoying. I think my colleagues are staying to get annoyed by me not knowing what I should do already. I have mixed feelings so far. Like really..I don't know how to explain.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And thanks to all of you who replied as well 馃挅
And good luck to everyone who still needs to get a job and is too afraid to try.
I may return if I get a job and last a month or something.
I'm so stupid. It's almost funny.

Registered
Well, a week is too much apparently
They decided to end my probation period early and let me go ... I'm unemployed again now 馃槶
Did they give a reason as to why?

In my first ever job they said they were sorry they were going to have to let me go. Then I started behaving differently and because of this they ended up asking me to stay. I was there 5 years in the end.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did they give a reason as to why?

In my first ever job they said they were sorry they were going to have to let me go. Then I started behaving differently and because of this they ended up asking me to stay. I was there 5 years in the end.
Well ..sort of. I didn't ask for very specific details. I do not think I was a good employee although I still think it's...entirely not okay to make that assumption after working for less than 2 weeks without even being given proper training? Of course I'm bad, I just started - it's what I thought - wrong way of thinking smh. Could've tried harder, could've asked more questions. I just thought I was gonna have more time to figure out things and get better. I thought..I just thought that.

Did you apply for the same kind of job the second time?

Registered
Well ..sort of. I didn't ask for very specific details. I do not think I was a good employee although I still think it's...entirely not okay to make that assumption after working for less than 2 weeks without even being given proper training? Of course I'm bad, I just started - it's what I thought - wrong way of thinking smh. Could've tried harder, could've asked more questions. I just thought I was gonna have more time to figure out things and get better. I thought..I just thought that.

Did you apply for the same kind of job the second time?
Yeah I think you weren't given enough time :( I was shocked when I read that they'd let you go :(

Did not like my first job so gave something different a go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts