Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, 4 months ago I signed up at rover.com as a dog walker as a second job after work. Pretty much gave up, figuring people don't trust guys as much of women when it comes to kids or their pets. Today I finally got a request for a 30 minute walk for 16 bucks. Met the owner, who was pretty chill, and walking the dog was easy money. She said she would give me a good review and use me a few times every week, so hopefully that helps me get more customers. I'm also gonna start advertising my Rover account on craigslist and other sites to see if it helps.

I think it would be cool to do several hustle type jobs (i.e. Dog walking, grubhub. etc...) instead of a typical 9-5 job. It was exciting to do something different instead of the same bread delivery day after day. I really need to change!

Anyways, felt good to meet someone new and do a different job. My eye contact with the customer was just as awkward though :( Sadly that never changes

·
Registered
779 Posts
Really great you are branching out and doing new things. I am also still awkward when it comes to social interaction, but decided I am no longer going to let that stop me, and less and less things are awkward now. I salute you for welcoming change and going for it!

·
I Am Second
57,999 Posts
Congrats glad you enjoyed it bro :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts