Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Mere Phantom,

Way to go on getting the interview. I hope everything goes well - you persistence will pay off! :yes

:boogie :boogie :boogie

By the way, I saw your thread about your other job. Are you still working there?

Thanks,

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Sorry to read that, man! You could have gotten some of those people in trouble if they had caused trouble at work.

Like you, I quit a job last year, but was after only seven weeks of a six-month contract because everybody was talking about me behind my back and trying to have me fired for having SA.

The good news is that I left the job for the one I have now (15 months and still going!)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Mere Phantom,

You never know. I felt completely disheveled at my job interview and got the position. They may have found your honesty appealing; you really can't tell.

·
Registered
202 Posts
mere phantom said:
i said one thing i shouldnt have at the interview they asked whats one of thing u are are weak at

i said i dont konw, and then they said it can be anything, computer, social, or whatever and i guess i was feeling pressured to say something besides i dont know, and felt kind of comfortable and i ended up saying "im not good at small talk"

instant no hire :( i think i pretty much blew my chance right there
I always get stuck on that question too, even when I come up with an answer to it before the interview I either get so nervous that I forget what I was going to say, or it just sounds so stupid to me that I freeze up and stumble over my words really bad.

millenniumman is right though - they may very well have appreciate your honesty. And unless it was for a customer service job that's not really something that would hurt your work performance.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Me too! When I least expected it.
In fact, now i don't even give a **** whether they pick me or not. They didn't even bother replying my message (from way before last week), and now out of the blue (probaly because they disliked their previous candidates) they call me on friday. Well, they can stick it up their ***, because now i have a better job. Shoveling !!! :cig Yes, now i'd rather shovel dirt than sit and loose my brain programming DSP software.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
What? Those jerks! How dare they mark you as "not chosen"! That is awful!

A B.S. in Computer Science should get you somewhere - it did me! I didn't need an A+ certification, even though it could help (shaking head back to reality). The job itself will give you the experience you need. You are worth hiring, plain and simple. That company has no idea what they are missing out on! :yes

You are doing fine - just hitting a rough patch. Everything WILL work out!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Like you, I quit a job last year, but was after only seven weeks of a six-month contract because everybody was talking about me behind my back and trying to have me fired for having SA.
Milleniumman, that is awful! I have come so close to telling people at work, (my boss and this other girl) that I have SA, but never have. I think they may have figured it out though, because I'm so quiet and I tOld my boss I disliked working at the front desk. Maybe not though. :con Anyway, sorry you had to work in a toxic environ. like that. some people are jerks!

Mere phantom, I had an interview once about a few months ago, and everything was going ok, but I was really anxious, and I told the person interviewing me I was really shy and was nervous people would be mean to me because of it. I think I said it because he mentioned that there were a few people who were loud and obnoxious there and that caused problems. But Needless to say I didn't get hired. Looking back, I can't believe I said that, but I don't think I wanted the job anyway. I was really nervous about working at a place I'd never worked at before doing something I'd never done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts