Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me someone loves this game as much as I do. :D

If you like any other ones in the series, I'd be happy to discuss. =)

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
I love the original game. But I'm getting a bit sick of all the sequels, spin offs & movies and such.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, yes I agree...Advent Children was disappointing.

But I think they really need to remake this game. I don't if you've seen the tech demo (the remade intro of the game) but it's pretty incredible.

Glad to have found a fellow fan =)

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
Yesss I have seen it and it looks fantastic.

It's my favorite in the series. :O) (FFX being second fav)

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
My favorite Final Fantasy Game. Some people claim 6 is better, but I haven't played it yet. I didn't like Advent Children. The fighting seemed too DBZish. Anyone play Crisis Core? It looks interesting, but I don't own a PSP. I might eventually buy one so I can also play the original Star Ocean.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've only played FF8 on the PC, and I haven't even managed to finish that. I'm nearly done with it, just got to do the last fight. It was/is a good game. Can't play any others since I don't have a PS.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I love the original game. But I'm getting a bit sick of all the sequels, spin offs & movies and such.
They just cant recapture the atmsophere of th original. I'd hate to see a remake, as they would modernise it. I thought advent children was silly, and the psp prequel game was just "okay"....

I think square enix should stick to making normal final fantasy games, and stay away from the spin offs/trilogys etc.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The game that put the nail in the coffin for the ff series. The fan worship for it really bothers me, it was an ok game but it wasn't great. Yes I liked FF6 and FF4 better, I feel old now.

·
Trapped in my own head
113 Posts
The game that put the nail in the coffin for the ff series. The fan worship for it really bothers me, it was an ok game but it wasn't great. Yes I liked FF6 and FF4 better, I feel old now.
Hell yeah! FF6 is my absolute FAVORITE out of the whole series, with 4 being a close second. 7 and up really didn't do it for me.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wow.... thank you guys so much for reminding me of my great child hood past. And right when I was beginning to wonder what the hell am I going to do with all this extra time now that spring semester just ended, you guys bring up this post. I'm going to download an snes emulator right now and Download the old ffVI and I'm going to download super Mario Bros. , and I'm then gonna download legend of zelda a link to the past! Thank you!

·
:/
957 Posts
I like at least parts of every FF game (haven't played FF11), yet I still like FF7 the best. It was my first FF game and my first RPG so maybe that had something to do with me liking it the most. ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i think its overrated, but it was an ok game, I love VI though. Its been so long since I played any of them to recall though, I know FFX was the first RPG I ever played years ago and I was blown away, going from racing and shooting games to this, I had no idea games could actually have a good storyline.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I've been working my way up with the older Final Fantasy games. So far I have beaten 1 and 2. 4 is next after I beat Chrono Trigger. Probably should hurry up so I can play 6. With 1 and 2 the bosses were very easy but the dungeons were difficult(tons of monsters before the bosses).

Final Fantasy 7 was also my first RPG

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been working my way up with the older Final Fantasy games. So far I have beaten 1 and 2. 4 is next after I beat Chrono Trigger. Probably should hurry up so I can play 6. With 1 and 2 the bosses were very easy but the dungeons were difficult(tons of monsters before the bosses).

Final Fantasy 7 was also my first RPG
That's a good idea. There's a lot of final fantasy I still need to play, I should get my hands on the originals.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Every FF game after 7 was incredibly mediocre to me. Half of them I never even finished out of sheer disinterest.

FF6 was amazing up until the world of ruin, where the plot completely loses direction. Still a great game though.

I think my favorite square RPG is always going to be Xenogears.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Have to admit I also think FF7 is pretty over rated, though did find it alot of fun in parts. I think my favourite out of all the FF games I've played is FF9 though also really liked FF10. Have also really enjoyed playing Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2. I know they're not really part of the FF series as such - but seeing as they're sort of related thought I'd mention them anyway!

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
Have to admit I also think FF7 is pretty over rated, though did find it alot of fun in parts. I think my favourite out of all the FF games I've played is FF9 though also really liked FF10. Have also really enjoyed playing Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2. I know they're not really part of the FF series as such - but seeing as they're sort of related thought I'd mention them anyway!
I loved playing KH too. xD They're so cheesy but they were fun.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Every FF game after 7 was incredibly mediocre to me. Half of them I never even finished out of sheer disinterest.

FF6 was amazing up until the world of ruin, where the plot completely loses direction. Still a great game though.

I think my favorite square RPG is always going to be Xenogears.
Hear hear!

I feel that after 7 the series just kinda got full of itself or something.

Xenogears is indeed very good.
The Xenosaga series, however, not so much...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts