Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you know what your FICO Scores are?

• Yes, I know them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a FICO Score?

• Dont care, the Bird Flu is going to wipe everybody out anyway....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I don't know what a FICO store is. Kinda sounds like a pet supply store. That reminds me, I needa go to Petco to pick up some more dog treats, I need a snack when I'm on break at work.

·
Banned
11,364 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I don't know what FICO stands for, but I know it's your credit rating and a higher number is better. It will effect things like how much interest you get charged on a home mortgage, or you'll get rejected outright if your score is too low.

Personally, I've never checked my FICO score as it doesn't really matter to me. Given all the credit cards they give me, they apparently think I'm a good credit risk.

I've only been turned down for a credit card once (last month) and the reason was because I fail to have any debt. Well, of course, I have no debt -- I only take credit cards when they throw in a freebie to entice me; it's not like I actually use my cards.

In any case, I have the cash to buy a car or house if I wanted (and I don't want). If you can pay cash, your credit score isn't so important.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I've never bothered to check mine. When I was about 19 I applied for a Visa card and got rejected simply because I had zero credit history. Credit card companies don't really care if you have $1 million dollars sitting in a bank account, all they care is that you pay them on time. I had to have my dad co-sign the application so I could get approved. I used it on and off over the years to build some credit history and last year I applied for a Discover card and was accepted. I use that card most of the time now since its under my name only. I've never borrowed money from the bank for anything, everything I own I paid for in cash I have saved up from working over the years so I doubt my score is very high right now. I've heard checking your credit report will lower your score so I don't want to damage mine by checking it.

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checking your credit score will not hurt your credit at all....Actually it's a good thing to do once every few years just to make sure they don't have anything wrong on them...

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
I don't know what my Fico score is. My credit must be real good because I got an application for a Plantium credit card and they sent me the card. The last few years I have built up my credit with my mortgage, which I paid off a couple of years ago, and buying things with my three credit cards. I really don't need credit. I am a if you don't have the cash to pay for it, then you don't need it kind of guy. I always pay the whole balance on my credit cards each month when I have a balance.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
I would have put "What's a FICO score?" but then I read everyone's entries, so I put no instead. :b

I take it mine's good. I always pay my credit card on time. When I frist tried to get one I kept getting rejected for having no credit. Even from one that was said to be for students with no credit. :roll

Now that I've been building credit I get crap in the mail like every week from credit card companies wanting me to get their card. It's like, yeah, now you want me...

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
copper said:
My credit must be real good because I got an application for a Plantium credit card and they sent me the card.
Gold became so common that it no longer had status, so they had to go to Platinum, which is now handed out like candy too. They're just going to have to keep going down the periodic table to find a new element that has even more status.

I've seen "Diamond" cards -- sure it's only carbon, but really expensive carbon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts