Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to stop and remind myself of something today: The little battles I win each day outweigh the occassional setbacks. Sometimes I forget this. Maybe SA gets the best of me some days, or someone makes me feel bad, or I make the mistake of comparing myself to others, any number of things....I forget....I forget about all the progress I've made in overcoming SA. And I dwell on one thing, I let one moment in time ruin in for all of the other courageous efforts I've put forth in this battle.

So, sometimes, like today...I have to step back...and refocus...and give myself credit.

I don't know if anyone else knows what I'm talking about, but I think it's really important in what we're going through. Keep it all in proper perspective.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can totally identify with this. My battle with SA feels like the stock market - sometimes obsessing over the little things obscures my view of the big picture. Overall, I've been working hard. And things have been getting better.

That's all that matters.

Thanks for the post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.