Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and that you'll be happy and safe once you do? It's weird. I can't really explain it.

I've had this feeling for awhile. I believe in God strongly though sometimes anxiety causes me to have my very strong doubts. But I have never felt this down before-- for months, since February to be exact (ever since I got my first kiss), it is as if God is for some for some reason not on my side anymore. I have done something to anger him I think, but I can not think of what it would be. and I've apologized so many times. Whatever I do is currently pointless no matter how hard I try and for a long time now, despite my beliefs that suicide will end us up in a place where we as an individual really don't want to be.. I fell as if God is telling me, it's fine. You'll be in heaven and you'll be happy for once. This is exactly why I created you. This is the answer. It's very.. strange.. to feel this way. But a bit of a relief if I do say so myself. What do you think? thanks

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Hmm its weird how such life events (first kiss) can set you off on such tangents eh? Maybe your first kiss gave you a glimpse of how awsome life could be vs. what it is now? And deep down you realise that it'll take a LOT of effort to achieve this and this realization scares you and failure scares. Scares you to the point that -at some subconcscious level- you are trying to rationalize not having to change, not having to make the effort? Hence this God is telling me to quit life altogether feeling?

I don't think God would tell you to end it; God wouldn't be so malevolent. He/She/It would be far more in favour of nuturing life.

PLEASE note: I'm just trying to help by offering my opinion; I don't know your full situation; I'm only going by what little you've described of your situation; And I could very well be wrong.

·
Banned
497 Posts
and that you'll be happy and safe once you do? It's weird. I can't really explain it.

I've had this feeling for awhile. I believe in God strongly though sometimes anxiety causes me to have my very strong doubts. But I have never felt this down before-- for months, since February to be exact (ever since I got my first kiss), it is as if God is for some for some reason not on my side anymore. I have done something to anger him I think, but I can not think of what it would be. and I've apologized so many times. Whatever I do is currently pointless no matter how hard I try and for a long time now, despite my beliefs that suicide will end us up in a place where we as an individual really don't want to be.. I fell as if God is telling me, it's fine. You'll be in heaven and you'll be happy for once. This is exactly why I created you. This is the answer. It's very.. strange.. to feel this way. But a bit of a relief if I do say so myself. What do you think? thanks
i can guarantee god would never tell anyone to kill themselves

·
Registered
665 Posts

I don't believe that God ever wants us to kill ourselves but rather to trust in Him to provide everything that we need. I believe that our thoughts that things are hopeless and that we should just give up are lies from the devil. God loves you very much and will help you through this difficult time in your life. Don't give up! Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to. I wish you the best. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
God would never tell you to end the gift he gave you, your life. The thoughts you are having are the lies of the devil. Pray to God, read the Bible and reject the Devil. I'll pray for you.
God Bless

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here are some verses to help. All the best

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you (Psalms 33:20-22).

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).

·
Newly Optimistic
2,319 Posts
Here are some verses to help. All the best

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you (Psalms 33:20-22).

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).
How do you know SourD is a Christian? As far as we know, a non-Christian god could be telling him such a thing.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I don't believe God would want you to kill yourself. God created you and gave you life, so He wouldn't want you to end it.

Please don't go down this route. I have these thoughts from time to time, but you have to believe that you are alive for a purpose and you need to live as long as God allows you in order to discover and fulfill this purpose.

Take care SourD :)

·
pushing myself
206 Posts
Yes I've thought that before, sometimes I've thought he only keeps me around to show others how not to live.

·
Registered
324 Posts
seek help

SourD, god would not want you to kill yourself. This kind of thinking is actually a sign of a biochemical imbalance in your brain. It is dangerous thinking. You should talk to a psychiatrist about it and get on medication. I know I really regret not getting on medication sooner. It could have prevented a lot of problems. This kind of thinking though is clinical depression and you need to get help for it.

I wish you the best of luck and don't hurt yourself.

Antonina

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
If you are having suicidal thoughts talk to someone. And I can tell you God would NOT want you to take your life.

Our own negative thoughts/Satan puts these thoughts in our head.

Please see consult someone if you cannot stop having these thoughts. :|

·
Rhanch
63 Posts
God would never tell you to kill yourself or anyone else because he commanded, "Thou shalt not kill." If we believe God is saying something privately to us that is not in line with the truth of scripture then we are mistaken because as Peter pointed out "no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation."

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
I have had thoughts of a woman and mans voice telling me to hurt myself and ended up in the nut house.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Suicide
If you are currently thinking about killing yourself please seek help immediately: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/
On the forums, suicide threats and the discussion of suicide is not permitted. On your personal blog, sharing your feelings is fine, but please do not share means or plans of suicide.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.