Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

For around about a month now I've been feeling very spaced out, very distant from myself, like I'm above myself looking down. I'm finding it increasingly hard to think happy thoughts, because I'm struggling to think at all.

Been back in school for huge training event today and quite frankly felt like I was asleep inside. I feel like my anxiety is back on the rise, which is worrying.

I'm not sure which came first either: did I become more anxious because I'd been feeling increasingly spaced out, or did I become more spaced out as a symptom of increasing stress.

The only thing I can think is that I was exercising a lot, and then about a month ago felt run down, got a cold and haven't really got myself geared into doing it again. Ahhh I'm not sure. I'm not taking any medication.

Does anyone else suffer with this and have any tips? I would have put it down to lack of sleep but I was sleeping more than ever last week and it actually seemed to make it worse!

Thank you in advance :)

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I was spaced out when I was very depressed and my anxiety was at its highest. I got an "out-of-body" experience like you describe. As if I'm outside my body watching this anxious shell of myself make decisions and do things. But now I'm much better, and I stopped spacing out when my depression and anxiety lessened, so I think the spacing out is a result of depression/anxiety, but this is just based on my experience, not others :stu. So I would say, like the poster above me stated, try to cut down on things that might cause you anxiety and take a chill pill for a little while. Relax. Get yourself in order. Do whatever you can to try to lessen your anxiety and you should be more attentive :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys. You're totally right. I guess the problem is that my job is a massive source of stress, and I really can't do anything about that. You're both right though, I've let it get to me and I've not been taking any time out.

Going to reassess my to do list and think about what's really important.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts