Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my basic day starts off with getting up a 7AM in the morning. Then I walk about 2 miles to school (To anxious to get the bus, plus it saves money) at this point I start to get really tired. When I get to school I'm sweating terribly and all I want to do is to sit down. I go through a regular day of school and walk 2 miles back to home where all I want to do is rest. I'm too tired to do anything at all. At the weekend I feel quite normal but I still get this slight drowsy feeling throughout the day. Is there any way to make me feel more energetic at times? I'm drowsy as I'm typing this out right now.

One guy I know goes to school, then goes for a piano lesson, then goes for a junior police cadet training session and then comes home and does homework. I feel like I want to get involved in more activities but my constant lethargic feelings seems to stop me. Anyway I can stop these feelings?

·
Registered
609 Posts
i used to be like that, well i still am..when surrounded by people all day that leaves me putting on an act all day so by the end of the workday, i feel drained, physically and mentally....the ONLy thing that helps is a beer or two and some alone time....exercise does as well..not saying it will work for you but...i dont think there is a solution to the draining effect people have on you..

·
Registered
515 Posts
I always feel tired too. I mean I sleep a LOT. So maybe i'm making myself more tired by sleeping a lot. But I wake up about 7am like you, go to uni (which is 20 min walk) and by the time I come home I feel like I've had a night out or been for a workout. I'm so tired!

I don't do much in the day except sit around at home on the internet or listewning to music while doing my uni work.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I look at pictures of me put up on facebook my eyes are always half open. One of my friends said I look like a heroin addict, lmao :p

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I'm usually tired with some periods of energy and alertness scattered here and there.

·
triumph of stupid
1,006 Posts
Rixy, do you take any meds? Because it could be that. I noticed being tired all the time when I began taking meds.
Being tired a lot is a symptom of depression though... if you have a mixture of SA and moderate depression it could be that.
But it could also be something entirely different -- if you have a doctor you should really discuss it with them, because being tired a lot is a symptom of many many things.
Take care.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't take any meds at all. I'm new to the whole SA thing. It was only until a couple of months ago I realized that I had a problem instead of being a freak. I wouldn't consider myself to be depressed but I would say I'm unhappier than your average teen. I think I might try to be more active even if I am half asleep. If that doesn't work then I'll just have to see someone about it. :)

·
triumph of stupid
1,006 Posts
Yeah, definitely being more active can help -- that's my problem, I can't seem to work up the motivation to be more active, even though I know I need to. I find the med I'm on relaxed anxiety, but had the effect of making me unmotivated (although I have always procrastinated). It takes a huge amount of effort to take that first step to being more active, and then usually it's easier after that to keep the ball rolling, so to speak.

I'll add it to my to-do list. :)

·
Banned
424 Posts
Are you depressed? I know that's why I used to feel tired all the time. You may want to see a PCP first tho to be sure there's no physical reason for it

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
I have the same problem. My college is about 1 hour away by bus and I have to get 3 (bus here is free in London for students)...the journey just knocks me out sometimes .
Not much advice to you though...I sometimes sleep for a few hours when I get home and then I have the energy to do all my homework etc.
What time do you go to bed? Most of the reason why I feel so tired is because I sleep so late. I think snacking helps alot as well so maybe have get yourself a good lunch and eat various other snacks during the day?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts