Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I know you've probably heard this thousands of times here but i just feel like talking to someone and expressing my feelings. I don't really know where to start from. It just seems like my life is so pointless. I've never had any friends. I've always been neglected by my family coming from a big family. I was bullied back in school. Just everything really, nothing seems to be going right. I know I shouldn't be ungrateful and there's probably millions of people out there far worse than me and I'm really thankful to God. I just feel that I'm a human afterall and sometimes I need a hug and someone telling me that everything will be ok. I just wish there was someone i could talk to. I've come to a point where I've started feeling like I don't deserve to be happy. Whenever something good happens, it goes away after a while and things just get worse. I'm just tired of life and I've started wondering why God sent me to this world. I don't belong here. I've always tried so hard to be accepted by the people around me but nothing seems to work. Everything is so off track. I can't figure anything out. Anyway thank you for listening to my problems. God bless you all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had those thoughts come and go throughout my life. Because I'm a believer, I've pulled through because I know I'm just human but there is a greater Hope. This is where other people can help as encouragers. I know it's difficult to meet others if you are SA, but sometimes we feel so low that there is nothing else to lose. Frustration and determination to fight the loneliness trumps the insecurity of joining social groups or just getting out.

I've dedicated a lot of my spare time getting involved with local church ministries or social events where I've met many accepting people. And they are kind also. Sure, it's hard, but so is sitting home alone hurting inside of loneliness.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi there, try to stay positive, i know it sounds cliched but it really does help. Forcing myself into the right state of mind has helped me make progress lately. Try to imagine what life would be like without SA and realise that it is possible and worth all the effort you can muster. Hope this helps, it helps to motivate me.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I can relate. I have no friends whatsoever, not that I can blame anyone other than myself since I don't put effort into making friends but it really makes me feel like sh!t when out of all the people that surround me in my life only my mom talks to me. It's like I'm a non-entity and it's a horrible feeling especially when I'm trying to make an effort and talk to people but no one will want to listen or talk back anyways. I wish I could start my whole life over and act like myself this time around and not be so closed off and aloof so people wouldn't be so wierded out by me. It propably wouldn't happen though. I'd have to get over the SA first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had those thoughts come and go throughout my life. Because I'm a believer, I've pulled through because I know I'm just human but there is a greater Hope. This is where other people can help as encouragers. I know it's difficult to meet others if you are SA, but sometimes we feel so low that there is nothing else to lose. Frustration and determination to fight the loneliness trumps the insecurity of joining social groups or just getting out.

I've dedicated a lot of my spare time getting involved with local church ministries or social events where I've met many accepting people. And they are kind also. Sure, it's hard, but so is sitting home alone hurting inside of loneliness.
thanks for replying everyone. i don't have SA or atleast i don't think i do. I'm also a believer and God is probably my only hope. I don't like going to religious events or any other social events because i can't stand looking at happy people. I really don't understand myself or my life.

·
Banned
133 Posts
Most of us have found ourselves at this point some time in our lives. You are human and you do need sympathy. Your life was not easy in the first place, and now you have anxiety which makes it difficult now. What might be a good thing to do to help you move on in life would be to start discovering what your talents are. Everyone has them, and if you think you don't have any, you haven't looked hard enough! Try volunteering and working at different jobs. There's tons of different things that you could do with your life! This is hard with anxiety, but it is a great anxiety reducer once you have been doing it for a while! Take heart, and while things have been ****ty in the short run, remember that if you work at dealing with your anxiety, things will get better in the long run! So, get out there and start figuring out what the heck it is that you do well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most of us have found ourselves at this point some time in our lives. You are human and you do need sympathy. Your life was not easy in the first place, and now you have anxiety which makes it difficult now. What might be a good thing to do to help you move on in life would be to start discovering what your talents are. Everyone has them, and if you think you don't have any, you haven't looked hard enough! Try volunteering and working at different jobs. There's tons of different things that you could do with your life! This is hard with anxiety, but it is a great anxiety reducer once you have been doing it for a while! Take heart, and while things have been ****ty in the short run, remember that if you work at dealing with your anxiety, things will get better in the long run! So, get out there and start figuring out what the heck it is that you do well!
hi and thanks for such a detailed reply. As I said in the previous post I don't have SA. I just don't like spending time with people because I feel like no one really cares. My problem is I can't stay out of the house too long as I have a rabbit to take care of and she means more than anything to me. I don't want her to be feeling lonely just like me. As for friends I don't think I'd want to make friends as no one has ever been there for me for the past 20 years, so I feel like i don't need friends.

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
Hey--don't you dare start thinking you don't deserve to be happy! I know how that feels from experience and well...I don't reccommend going in that direction. :no

Things DO change and I hope you are able to go out and do something to make yourself feel better! Even if it IS just for a little while--it still counts for something! :yes

·
Banned
133 Posts
It sounds like you have had a very sour experience with other people. Unfortunately, and I experience this too, most people don't give a damn about other people and only seek to further themselves. I have had many acquaintances over the years, but only 1 or 2 people that I would actually term friends (people who stick with me through thick and thin). Your rabbit is obviously very precious to you, which is fine, but your personal emotional health is far more important than that of the rabbit. You can leave your rabbit at home alone in order to go out and do the things that you need to do, and your rabbit will be just fine! And, I am going to challenge the claim that you make about "not needing friends." Everyone needs them, and unfortunately for you, you have not had very good friends. Keep trying and keep talking to people, but don't let them take advantage of you. Draw clear lines with people and let them know that they can't mess with you! Avoid hanging out with people that are a detriment to your life and instead move on to other people who treat you well and are worth your time! They are out there, but they are hard to find, as you have noted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It sounds like you have had a very sour experience with other people. Unfortunately, and I experience this too, most people don't give a damn about other people and only seek to further themselves. I have had many acquaintances over the years, but only 1 or 2 people that I would actually term friends (people who stick with me through thick and thin). Your rabbit is obviously very precious to you, which is fine, but your personal emotional health is far more important than that of the rabbit. You can leave your rabbit at home alone in order to go out and do the things that you need to do, and your rabbit will be just fine! And, I am going to challenge the claim that you make about "not needing friends." Everyone needs them, and unfortunately for you, you have not had very good friends. Keep trying and keep talking to people, but don't let them take advantage of you. Draw clear lines with people and let them know that they can't mess with you! Avoid hanging out with people that are a detriment to your life and instead move on to other people who treat you well and are worth your time! They are out there, but they are hard to find, as you have noted.
thanks again and sorry for wasting your time. Those long replies of yours must really be taking time and thought, so thank you. There's just no way I can neglect my rabbit. I had to quit my job a few months ago because I felt like my rabbit was feeling lonely. And I wouldn't want to get her another rabbit because then I'll get too attached to the other rabbit. I've thought about taking her with me where ever I go, but she'll probably feel uncomfortable sitting in a carrier all that time.

You're right, everyone needs friends. But it just makes me feel a whole lot better thinking that i don't.

·
Banned
133 Posts
But, you sound unhappy when you say that it makes you a whole lot happier thinking you don't. Quitting a job for a rabbit that you believe to be too needy is not a good decision to make. I don't know the emotional systems of rabbits, but cats and dogs, though they like people, are just fine with people being gone to work and out and doing things. Sure, something more complex like a vacation will make them lonely, and it's okay to not take vacations for this reason. But, not working a job for rabbit is just a little too extreme. The rabbit, most likely, feels like a dog or cat - sad that you left, but happy to see you once again and able to occupy their own time.

You're not wasting my time; I'm just very concerned that you're resigning yourself to an unhappy existence, and I hope for your sake that you can let go of some of your concern for the rabbit, who is doing just fine. She'll probably feel uncomfortable, but does she? Is she just tearing apart her cage trying to get out and see if you are gone for even a short amount of time?

Could you perform any social activities with the rabbit? Could you go to local schools or community groups and show your rabbit to children or other pet owners? Could you enter your rabbit in contests? I'm just looking for some way for you to get out there and move on in life because you are stuck in a rut and will not get out of it unless you do something!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I can totally relate to all that you were saying. Every day, I ask God why he put me here if all he ever intended for me to do was suffer. I was just an innocent person who just wanted to live a regular life, but nnnnnoooooo, that was too easy, too convenient. So, I was physically and verbally abused at home, bullied at school, in my neighborhood, stabbed in the back by people who I thought were my friends, gameplayed by women, etc. People always talk about having physical scars. Well, mine are emotional, and THEY ARE PERMANENT!
I have done everything I can think of to make my life better. I try to change things, but nothing ever changes. I have prayed, you name it, ANYTHING TO MAKE MY LIFE HAPPIER.
Yeah, when something did go right, things would turn right around to their usual lousy self.
I do have a lot of anger in me, and its going to be in me for the rest of my life. Other people made me this way. I have always felt like other people targeted me, like I was an easy mark. "Hey, he looks like a good person to abuse". Lets f--- with him!" I wish that there was a way(legally) that I could hurt every single person who harmed me.
There is no God, because if there was, he wouldn't allow a person to suffer like I and others have. Almighty God is an Almighty $($(#$($#($(*(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
Go to the vet

I just noticed you mentioning your rabbit....I have a chinchilla for 5 yrs now. When I first got her I didn't want to leave her alone either--didn't want her to be lonely. I also worried a lot that she was bored. These things almost would make me cry if I thought about it too much. My boyfriend thought it was crazy for me to worry about her being bored & lonely. He laughed about it, (and he doesn't laugh much). Anyway, I finally realized that I was projecting my own feelings onto the chinchilla. Meaning, I was the one who was bored and lonely!!!

Maybe this is the case with you?

(it's easy to project our feelings onto animals because they can't talk)

By the way I soon realized that Ruby really doesn't need to be with me constantly.

I feel really bad that you quit a job over this. Please go to the vet and tell him/her what you did and what you're worried about so they can straighten this out for you...

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I just wanted to say that I can relate. Being lonely is the worst feeling in the world... I know this all too well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I can relate, I wake up everyday thinking "sh*t, not another day to go though". I really dont have anything going for me right now in my life. I have zero friends to talk to, my parents are very overprotective of me, and I don't have a drivers license yet, though I am learning to drive. I also have those moments of happeness every once in a while, but when I get happy, I feel like i'm doing something wrong, cause I feel as if i should be miserable all the time and not happy. I did once have a girlfriend, but she didnt like my SA so she left me, I guess she wasnt really a friend if she couldnt accept me for who I was, was she? Anyways, you're not alone on here, welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But, you sound unhappy when you say that it makes you a whole lot happier thinking you don't. Quitting a job for a rabbit that you believe to be too needy is not a good decision to make. I don't know the emotional systems of rabbits, but cats and dogs, though they like people, are just fine with people being gone to work and out and doing things. Sure, something more complex like a vacation will make them lonely, and it's okay to not take vacations for this reason. But, not working a job for rabbit is just a little too extreme. The rabbit, most likely, feels like a dog or cat - sad that you left, but happy to see you once again and able to occupy their own time.

You're not wasting my time; I'm just very concerned that you're resigning yourself to an unhappy existence, and I hope for your sake that you can let go of some of your concern for the rabbit, who is doing just fine. She'll probably feel uncomfortable, but does she? Is she just tearing apart her cage trying to get out and see if you are gone for even a short amount of time?

Could you perform any social activities with the rabbit? Could you go to local schools or community groups and show your rabbit to children or other pet owners? Could you enter your rabbit in contests? I'm just looking for some way for you to get out there and move on in life because you are stuck in a rut and will not get out of it unless you do something!
Thanks for your concern once again. And thank you to all of you. My rabbit does get really unhappy even when i go downstairs for a few minutes. She jumps out of her play pen and starts looking for me. So I have to make sure I'm in my room, more or less 24/7. But it's all worth it in the end. Seeing that smile on her face just makes my day. I wouldn't want to take my rabbit where there's loads of people especially kids, as they might hurt her. Accidents do happen and I really don't want to risk it. Kind Regards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just noticed you mentioning your rabbit....I have a chinchilla for 5 yrs now. When I first got her I didn't want to leave her alone either--didn't want her to be lonely. I also worried a lot that she was bored. These things almost would make me cry if I thought about it too much. My boyfriend thought it was crazy for me to worry about her being bored & lonely. He laughed about it, (and he doesn't laugh much). Anyway, I finally realized that I was projecting my own feelings onto the chinchilla. Meaning, I was the one who was bored and lonely!!!

Maybe this is the case with you?

(it's easy to project our feelings onto animals because they can't talk)

By the way I soon realized that Ruby really doesn't need to be with me constantly.

I feel really bad that you quit a job over this. Please go to the vet and tell him/her what you did and what you're worried about so they can straighten this out for you...
Hi and thank you for replying. May be I am projecing my own feelings onto her but I really don't want her to be miserable. She hates it and gets really upset even when I go for a few minutes. Here's a link to a story that touched my heart.

http://www.freewebs.com/bunnyhoprescue/arabbitisforlife.htm

I'd like to mention that I've had my rabbit for nearly 3 years now so it's not just something that's developed recently. Regards.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You started this thread expressing how unhappy you are with life. Now you say that you live your life for your rabbit 24/7. This doesn't appear to be working out for you very well. As others have suggested, step away from the rabbit for a while and rediscover life for yourself. Your life is much more important and complex than an animal's. The rabbit is now conditioned to expect you there 24/7. It will adjust to a new schedule just fine. Their emotions are not as complex as ours. You are in control here. Take control.

I'm really struggling here to find the logic in your situation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts