Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I came to this site, I was feeling so overwhelmed with anxiety, I felt like I have taken all that I could of SA. I've come to this site everyday and I have been doing a lot of reading and this has helped. I have tried a number of medications to help me with SA and none have helped, I have went to therapy for over a year, and that didn't help much either. I think this is because I was waiting for the medication to make me into a new person and the same with the therapy, I didn't put effort into changing.
Last week I asked my doctor about trying medication again, so she said that she has had a lot of positive feedback from her SA patients that have used Effexor, so I have started a low dose of that. I think it is way too soon to see results of the medication, but in the meantime I have made myself smile a little more, say hello to people and have tried to make eye contact, I still feel scared and panic, but I am still doing it and I feel like people are responding well to me and that has given me a little more confidence and leaving me with a smile at the end of my day.

With my job, I have been wanting to go for a supervisor position, but I know that the one thing that is holding me back is me being unable to communicate well.. "The Fear" of people not approving of me or accepting me. I have such a good boss, he knows that I have difficulties with this, so he's been having me delegate to others a bit and I am frightened as frightened could BE, but I am doing what my boss asks me to do and I am really feeling proud of me and I feel that I WILL be able to be a supervisor in the future...

I know you all understand how these baby steps really feel like LEAPS to me and appreciate that this site is here for me to express my thoughts :)

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
Sounds like you're making a concentrated effort to steer your life to a more satisfying place. Congratulations and keep it up, especially that vital, positive outlook.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.