Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dunno if this will help anyone else...i went out to eat with my mom the other day and i was just thinking nice things about people and i felt very much more comfortbale...i am quite narcissistic so usually im like wtf these people dont deserve **** blababla or whatever is going on in my head and of course i think equally as horrible things about myself so i guess once i started thinking nice things about other people i started thinking nice things about myself. i wasnt like oh my god im so happy! because i was actually feeling quite sad and miserable but instaed of staring at the ground because i feel like everyone is glaring at me i was looking around and scanning my suroundings which felt nice...also we went to return some clothes she had bought and as soon as we drove up i saw all the people and was like oh wow and got nervous which is also strange for me because i usually am like putting on a **** u face and trying to suprress my anxiety with supreriority or whatever the hell it is that im thinking and i realized that i know how to deal with anxiety i dont have to look people in the eye or talk to them or anything like that and i think that a huge amount of my anxiety was that i felt this pressure to talk and be perfect and be all happy and **** (when i talk to people and am less than happy i feel rude or that i need to make it up to them) and i still do but i avoided their glances and felt my anxiety and kept going the anxiety wasn't gone but i was kind of at peace. Anyway i think that a huge part of my mini breakthrough is acceptance and surrender. Dont fight the anxiety embrace it

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
That's great that you are feeling more comfortable :) Helps to think more positively about people. I know that I sometimes tend to assume that people are going to be rude to me or not like me. That's good that you aren't letting the anxiety control you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts