Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must share....That I feel much lighter, much more like myself than I did in July of last year (I spent most of my time indoors). I actually feel comfortable in crowds...even relaxed. Today I smiled at a couple of people...usually I just ignore them. I haven't felt like this in a long, long time. And I know it's not going away, because month by month I've been feeling more and more at ease with myself. :) !

I also want to share something silly I tried today. A few months ago I made a couple of posts here about not being able to connect with others, or about them not being able to see the real me. (This may sound really bizarre!) But after watching A Series of Unfortunate Events, I couldn't help but notice Violet's (aka Emily Browning) natural flow of energy. She wasn't overly giggly or overly anything. She wasn't pretending to be anything other than who she is. (Which is what I do to force myself to connect!) I tried it today, this vulnerability that I've forgotten... And it worked. It's wonderful knowing I don't have to force myself to laugh or speak when I'm anxious. I can just be.

I know this won't get read by many people here, because positive stuff usually isn't as hypnotizing as the troubling stuff. :stu But.....!.....I guess things do get better :) That's all I want to say.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It's wonderful knowing I don't have to force myself to laugh or speak when I'm anxious. I can just be.
That's inspiring. :) I read someone's username in another forum and it was, "I Am Enough." I say this to myself everyday now.

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
good point

that's a great point. I feel a lot of the time that I am sorta boring because i don't get excited expression wise or physically much. But people are differnt and that's what makes them interesting.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm learning to adjust to that concept as well. Alot of time i'm finding it easier to be myself and comfortable with my own unique individuality.
I used to have the problem of trying to be more like someone i'm not, and getting jealous easily of others because i thought that its what i should be...but they aren't perfect either, and they aren't better than me, just unique, like me. And i'm still learning to accept that. I like that saying "I Am Enough" BTW, very motivational.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts