Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tasdel
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my life I have suffered from social anxiety. Every single day. But lately I've been thinking a lot about it, why I feel this way. Yes, my self esteem has been critically low, and everything anyone said to me I always took personally. What people though of me effected me. I was always this way I think because as a child people always told me how and who I should be. Yesterday I finally realized (after trying to tell myself so many times) that I am a great person. Who I am is unique, everyone is. I had to understand this mental barrier some more. Just because someone doesn't like you, has nothing to do with who you are. Everyone is drawn to certain traits more than others. Just think of a big graph that shows everyone's likes and dislikes for things such as humour, or outgoing, or silent and a good listener. Everyone likes qualities differently. I thought there was something wrong with me because some people didn't get a long with me well. I do see the same people almost everyday, so I can't let those same people (who have decided that they don't get a long with me) make me feel worthless.

Hopefully some of this is making sense. I was always worried about talking to girls because I was scared what they thought of me. But then I just realized too that I don't "need" them to be happy nor do I have to have a girlfriend to be happy. I really clued in. I thought about this because there's something's I wouldn't of learned if I was in a relationship. I'm glad I wasn't or I wouldn't realize that im becoming such a better person than I was before everyday. When that girl walks into my life, I won't be waiting but I'll be prepared mentally. I'm trying to grow everyday and learn. So now that I actually don't care about having a relationship talking to girls is easier. Knowing that who I am is awesome and should not be changed by anyone makes me feel better too. Everyone else you look at has doubts and fears too. We aren't alone. Be proud of yourself, Don't worry about anyone else's achievements and accomplishments. Focus on your own.

It took me a while to talk myself into this mindset, I believe mindset is the most important thing. It took you a while to give yourself a negative mindset. You developed it by telling yourself all these doubts and how you aren't good for anything. Atleast I did. I'm putting a new loop on the recording, a positive one. I listen to motivational quotes a lot on YouTube and they really make you think. Just try it! Hope this was worth the blab.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts