Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have good and bad news.

I did something really great last weekends. I bought a cast net and went fishing with my wife. I live near a good spot to throw it and, when I was younger, I used to do so a lot.

However, after my anxiety and depression started I've never went fishing again .... until now =).

I'm still able to throw it very well, and I'm feeling really good because it is very relaxing.

But something bad happened two days ago. For my own surprise, I got a really nice and big fish (in portugues it's called "Robalo", in english I think it's Bass). Since I was planning to make a dinner out of him, I had to kill him. However, I hate letting them just die outside water because I think they suffer a lot. So I tried to quickly chop his head out before cleaning.

The problem is that I couldn't chop its head fast enough and I think I made him suffer. I guess my knife wasn't good enough or I've lost my skill, or maybe both... . The whole thing didn't take more than 10 seconds but, I don't know why, I'm felling very guilty...

I did eat the fish with my wife, and it was delicious, but I've been feeling guilty since then.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,727 Posts
That reminds me my grandparents used to own a campground on a lake and I'd go fishing off the dock. I would catch LOTS of sunny's. I got pretty pissed and ended up whacking them against the dock while they were still on the line and killing them lol

·
I Pee Sitting Down
694 Posts
Hello everyone. I have good and bad news.

I did something really great last weekends. I bought a cast net and went fishing with my wife. I live near a good spot to throw it and, when I was younger, I used to do so a lot.

However, after my anxiety and depression started I've never went fishing again .... until now =).

I'm still able to throw it very well, and I'm feeling really good because it is very relaxing.

But something bad happened two days ago. For my own surprise, I got a really nice and big fish (in portugues it's called "Robalo", in english I think it's Bass). Since I was planning to make a dinner out of him, I had to kill him. However, I hate letting them just die outside water because I think they suffer a lot. So I tried to quickly chop his head out before cleaning.

The problem is that I couldn't chop its head fast enough and I think I made him suffer. I guess my knife wasn't good enough or I've lost my skill, or maybe both... . The whole thing didn't take more than 10 seconds but, I don't know why, I'm felling very guilty...

I did eat the fish with my wife, and it was delicious, but I've been feeling guilty since then.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
next time just crack it in the head :teeth don't feel bad man it most likely didn't suffer much and it beats dying gasping for air or water in this case

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried what you've said and worked. I knocked them first and everything went ok.

I'm feeling better now about that, thanks =)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yea, I used to go fishing alot but not anymore lol.. I just feel bad about killing the fish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts