Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dear people,

Tomorrow is work again.. not much looking forward to it..
I like the work.. but I always struggle with the social part.. I don't think it's very bad, just a bit clumsy I suppose..

Every day before at work I always feel a little awkward or insecure.. sometimes it's really bad, sometimes it's barely noticable. I don't have a very specific reason for it, it's just there..

Does anyone else have this? The awkward/insecure feeling without a specific reason?

Right now I would be cool with some months of holiday... pffff

Have a great day further people :)

Davey

·
Registered
83 Posts
I feel awkward at work most of the time. This week it hasnt been too bad. I think I just dont really like people. I just dont. Im not interested in many people.
What is it that goes through your head?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the late reply.. I didn't expect anyone to still respond in here..
but the thoughts I have are like.. maybe people don't take me seriously (I am the youngest there), maybe people don't like me.., maybe I look insecure.., maybe people think I am weird.. a lot of these things :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can relate, d91. I'm not the youngest, but I look like I am (I'm small like a child), so people call me "kiddo" and don't really take me seriously. My awkwardness doesn't help at all. Coworkers laugh at me sometimes (behind my back, but not caring if I hear or not). I think I'm generally known as the office weirdo. Oh well, could be worse I suppose. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh yes, I usually fear awkward and insecure for no apparent reason- I have very low self confidence and doubt my ability to succeed in life.

I've gotten better at reducing that self doubt but it will always be there though.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
I don't know about you all but I am at work to work and not to socialize. I am there to make money. Not to make any friends. That's just how I am. I wouldn't really like to be bothered if I am there to work and by the way, socializing is exhausting for me. Most of the people I end up working with don't even want to get along with me anyway for whatever stupid reason.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know about you all but I am at work to work and not to socialize. I am there to make money. Not to make any friends. That's just how I am. I wouldn't really like to be bothered if I am there to work and by the way, socializing is exhausting for me. Most of the people I end up working with don't even want to get along with me anyway for whatever stupid reason.
I get what you say, and I have heard that before. I think that's quite impossible for people who you work with 8+ hours a day.. I see them more than my bestest friends and family..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can relate, d91. I'm not the youngest, but I look like I am (I'm small like a child), so people call me "kiddo" and don't really take me seriously. My awkwardness doesn't help at all. Coworkers laugh at me sometimes (behind my back, but not caring if I hear or not). I think I'm generally known as the office weirdo. Oh well, could be worse I suppose. :)
Like your cool approach on this ! Just accepting it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.