Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year, I joined a club at university. I went to one of the monthly outings and I got a chance to meet new people. I really had fun and I socialized and communicated really well with most of the people there. So one of the girls asked me to add her on facebook so we can keep in contact. So that day, I added her. When I saw her profile, I knew that she was an extrovert. She had tons of friends and a lot of activity and pictures with people on her profile.

Mine doesnt have much activity or friends, so I think she thought I was a loser or desperate or something. Anyway, so I tried talking to her through facebook, but she never really replies anything I say to her. I tried to say "hello" and stuff like that, but she ignores my messages. I think she added me on skype. So I tried to talk to her of facebook again, but she ignores me. She doesnt ignore anyone else. I'm just trying to be nice and I am not trying to "force" anything, but its just awkward.

So I am wondering if I should attend the school club in the spring semester?? I know this thread sounds dumb, but it just feels awkward going back to the school club not knowing anyone there. Plus, the girl doesnt even talk to me. It just feels really weird "pretending" and "acting" like we are friends, when we dont even talk online. The people in the club probably think I am a loser because I'm awkward, so I just feel like I am imposing on people. What do u guys think?????

Sorry about the rambling...but I feel very awkward about this....

·
Registered
847 Posts
Go!

Im in my last year of college and went to no clubs, or anything, and made no effort to be social. My facebook has the same loser appearance, but the solution is not to keep avoiding social situations because of this. Go to the club, and you will make more friends and your facebook will get more populated and you won't feel you look like a loser.

Avoiding situations is a bad cycle that only creates the problems we fear and do not really exist. Nobody is going to judge you, everyone is there for networking, and so are you.

On the one friend who dosen't talk to you issue, just don't talk to her on facebook anymore, and when you see her keep being friendly.

Anxiety is irrational thought get it out of your head and go!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts