Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,
I just met a friends boyfriend for the first time. Its been a while since i've met new people, especially in a situation in which i was (kinda) the focus. So, altough it probably doesn't sound like a big deal to others i was pretty worried/anxious about meeting him beforehand, but i did it anyway.

I actually felt pretty okay talking to him during the metup, like introducing myself and some small talk etc. Yes, i was nervous but during it i felt like it went as well as it can for someone as socially awkward as me. I actually felt a bit proud for how well the conversation was going, despite some hic ups and awkward moments here and there.

But right afterwards, not even a couple of minutes later, but right as i left the car (they were dropping me of) i felt horrible about the whole thing. Like everything i said was stupid and emberrassing.

Of course i had many situations, which i feel embarassed about, but usually i also felt bad about myself while its happening not just after.

Ist this normal when you have social anxiety? Do any of you experience this, when you are actually happy whit the way you master a social situation, but your mood swings into the complete opposit as soon as your out of it?

(Also, sorry for my Bad english)

alien monk
yes that's very common

Registered
Very common. I met a friend of mines bf years ago and we were drinking at the time so I felt ok in the moment. The minute the drinks wore off i kept thinking that every thing I said or did came off weird or something

1 - 3 of 3 Posts