Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the feeling that when im walking outside in public by myself I see all these people w/ friends and everything, they seem so happy and nothing bothers them. then, when I come outside people start to hate me, stare and me with their evil look, and they think im so ugly they can make fun of me. I then lose my temper like shout at myself and stuff like that it gets pretty extreme like I'd even talk to myself, is this a normal part of SAD? or am I a ****ing idiot? sorry for sounding like im complaining but its like this everytime I go somewhere

·
My head looks huge...
78 Posts
Sounds very familiar to me. I get horribly jealous of people who have seemingly better social lives and such. I also have a really bad temper, so it doesn't mix well...

·
Registered
87 Posts
It could be that people see your negative temperament and can tell you have a weak personality, so aren't afraid to express their distaste. You'd probably feel a lot different if you smiled and waved at everyone. Even the meanest looking gangsters usually at least nod back at me (even if unintentionally) if I nod to them (I still have a weak personality, but seem to have a positive temperament). Then I feel a lot more comfortable, like I'm less likely to be a target of their terrorism :S.

Oooor it could just all be in your head.. I'm still trying to figure that out for myself..

·
My head looks huge...
78 Posts
:blank I don't mean to criticize the last post...but does it really help to tell someone that they have a weak personality?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds normal for SA, or at least sounds almost exactly how I think. When I think about it rationally I tell myself its all in my head, doesn't seem to help a lot.

I talk to myself a lot, usually berating myself. I usually don't do it if anyone else is around though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't talk to myself in public but as soon as no one can see me I give myself a good talking too.I do get jealous when I see other people having fun with other people.I don't like being looked at by men and women.If they look at me to long I think I know what they are thinking.That I look stupid,ugly,fat or they can see how uncomfortable I am and make fun of me behind my back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate the feeling that when im walking outside in public by myself I see all these people w/ friends and everything, they seem so happy and nothing bothers them. then, when I come outside people start to hate me, stare and me with their evil look, and they think im so ugly they can make fun of me. I then lose my temper like shout at myself and stuff like that it gets pretty extreme like I'd even talk to myself, is this a normal part of SAD? or am I a ****ing idiot? sorry for sounding like im complaining but its like this everytime I go somewhere
i can totally relate to this...esp when i go to places that require socializing...

i used to feel that way back in jr high...i felt like i was the most hated and most made fun of in school...i still have flashbacks sometimes...

the biggest lesson i need to learn is forgiveness because if you cant forgive....you will only hurt yourself.

·
Banned
76 Posts
it feels so difficult for me to be passing through a public area and notice just how much happiness everyone seems to be enjoying and I just feel left out. I never seem to get the right response from people when I encounter them outside they look at me and draw negative opinions about me. I hear myself getting so frustrated and I don't know if this sounds like it is part of my problem....

whenever i'm with friends i notice i behave totally different compared to when i meet new people. when i'm around friends i feel very comfortable and can let that my strong personality come out and sound very comfortable talking with them. so when i meet new people i imagine that i am speaking with one of my good friends and i notice that i .behave in the same way with new people as with trusted friends.

that person has a very comforting personality, you know, that type of person that really puts us at ease and allows us to come out and be ourselves, share our secrets and feel good about ourselves because we know we can trust that person, maybe you can remember a time when your face lit up with a big smile when you saw that person and you felt so at ease just meeting and talking to that person . i just love being around that person, that person makes me feel so comfortable and sound so confident and smile so happily.

that person is everywhere in my mind, notice how when you meet a new person you are really speaking to that person again because everything that new person says and does makes you feel like you are with that person. its easy to see that person inside each and every new person out there and certainly thinking of that person causes you to smile and enjoy meeting that new person because they are the same as that person.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow. you hit the nail right on the head. I feel the EXACT same way. You're definitely not alone on that one..anytime i go somewhere i feel like everyone is staring at me and laughing at me and thinking about how ugly i am. i hate it!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeah i feel the same. I'm ok if there's no one else around but when i see people; Couples, groups, friends laughing and having fun i feel angry and bitter because i'm all alone. I do like being a loner but at times i wish i had someone to share my life with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts