Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i'm alone I feel like a whole different person, and I wish I could be that way all the time because I know i'm not fun to be around when i'm barely speaking. But no matter how many times I try to shake that nervous feeling, I just can't. When I talk to people I can't look them in the eyes, and it's like my mind goes blank.

I'm in high school right now, which I would argue is the worst place to go through social anxiety....It gets so lonely, especially when you feel like no one understands it. I've tried telling my parents that i'd like to go see a therapist but I don't think they get how serious this is for me.

So I guess I just was wondering what it's like for other people? Do you or did you ever feel this way? How do you/ did you deal with it? :um

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Maybe try to express to your parents how important it is to you.

Sounds tough. Maybe spend a little time focusing on what you do have going for you in life and work on those areas. Work on personal development

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe try to express to your parents how important it is to you.

Sounds tough. Maybe spend a little time focusing on what you do have going for you in life and work on those areas. Work on personal development
Yeah

I guess posting here is kinda my first step. It's kinda intimidating to talk to my parents about it, especially knowing that they have their own things to worry about.

·
Registered
137 Posts
High school was the worst 4 years of my life. I was so shy and depressed, and felt like I could only be myself when i was by myself..which didnt really help.

My advice, see a therapist..it cant hurt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts