Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even know what's the point anymore. I've gone on dozens of interviews in the last two years & I never get a job. I am struggling with anxiety, depression, & bipolar. Now I am on my last few meds & in like two days I run out. And my psychiatrist won't even return my calls. I went on another interview today & it seemed like the guy was just going through the motions & that he already had his mind made up before it even started. So why even waste my time & get my hopes up?

Nobody cares I've gone to staffing agencies, & other job interviews & it's always the same lame excuses either lack of work experience or something else. I am openly gay so maybe that's it but it's not like I'm very feminine or flamy. I am having suicidal thoughts over this my whole family has already pretty much abandoned me they are super religious & don't accept me being gay so I have no support system.

I'm 32 years old & have never had a real job. In the past I had major manic episodes which caused me to be hospitalized but then the meds helped somewhat but now I'm almost out of my meds & this interview today was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't get it I am pleasant, nice, disarming, & conversational during interviews. It's ruining my life I don't know what I'll do when I run out of meds this weekend or don't get a job soon. I'm really feeling a complete wreck :(

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry your going through this :(. If you need someone to talk or vent to, I'm here. You can add me as a friend if you'd like on this site. Jobs are so hard to come by these days. I finally got one today, but it took a lot of work and courage. Also, its not the end of the world if you don't have a job. Keep trying, be brave. Fight and Don't give up hope. you never know when something good's lying just around the corner. Keep trying, don't give up the ship. I'd miss you if you died and I don't even know you. People deserve life, even if we are here just to exist.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
I don't even know what's the point anymore. I've gone on dozens of interviews in the last two years & I never get a job. I am struggling with anxiety, depression, & bipolar. Now I am on my last few meds & in like two days I run out. And my psychiatrist won't even return my calls. I went on another interview today & it seemed like the guy was just going through the motions & that he already had his mind made up before it even started. So why even waste my time & get my hopes up?

Nobody cares I've gone to staffing agencies, & other job interviews & it's always the same lame excuses either lack of work experience or something else. I am openly gay so maybe that's it but it's not like I'm very feminine or flamy. I am having suicidal thoughts over this my whole family has already pretty much abandoned me they are super religious & don't accept me being gay so I have no support system.

I'm 32 years old & have never had a real job. In the past I had major manic episodes which caused me to be hospitalized but then the meds helped somewhat but now I'm almost out of my meds & this interview today was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't get it I am pleasant, nice, disarming, & conversational during interviews. It's ruining my life I don't know what I'll do when I run out of meds this weekend or don't get a job soon. I'm really feeling a complete wreck :(
There is a lot here. :afr.
I would try your doctor again. I am surprised they won't return your calls. I can understand them being backed up with clients, but to not return a phone call is not cool.

The job market is crap right now, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Companies can be picky about who they want to hire because the talent pool is vast and there is only one job - they want a person with as many qualifications as possible. I went through this in my two-year unemployment stint. it was bad - I went a whole year without an interview until the job market in the area opened up. Lo and behold, I landed a job. Start local!

People cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation, so that is not the issue - it's Federally mandated.

Keep trying.

·
Fighter
6 Posts
Hi Alex sorry to hear about how difficult your life is right now.

If you were turned down for so many interviews you might want to try and find out why; you could go see a career advisor and ask them to interview you or even the employment agency and always ask for feedback from the interview.

It also matter what type of jobs you are aiming at and how step the competition is; if you really want a job and have little experience you might want to try a lower skilled one until you get some experience and then you can move on.

The last part ... I am just expressing my opinion here so don't throw stones ! there are certain aspects of my life I like to keep private; like my religion for instance I am proud of it as it is part of who I am but I keep it to myself.

Even though there are laws preventing discrimination people still discriminate because they can just say I didn't take the guy because he lacked the experience/skills etc.I am not saying to hide who you are but I believe you shouldn't broadcast yourself either.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts