Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I am home alone for a long long time, sitting by myself in silence, I get this overwhelming feeling that the walls around me are a real coffin and I am really dead and this is just a bad dream, and all of what I am thinking and doing is not really happening.

The bizarre and surreal nature of my isolation makes me feel so apart from humanity and the real world, that the sensation that I am a non-existent ghost sometimes greatly overwhelms me and I wonder if this just a bad dream, and I will eventually wake up from it.

It gets very surreal after a while.
As if this is truly something out of a Twilight Zone episode, a horror or science fiction sketch.

I see life, love, and happiness all around me and I am alone in a grave.
It doesn't make any rational sense.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
What you describe is kind of interesting and artistic. Maybe you should write it down.

Don't take your thoughts too seriously and you won't be overwhelmed. Think of thoughts as clouds floating over you in the sky each a different shape. Let them float by. Enjoy them. Don't get caught up and lost in them.

·
ΓΤΖΜ
3,732 Posts
I get a related feeling when I'm really bad (not now) that feels like I cannot possibly be living this life. Like, what are the chances that I'm the one out of the hundreds around me who has this fυcked up disorder? And how could such a life exist in the first place? Who allowed it? It's kind of surreal like you say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts