Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing fine until school started. I finally got the courage to make conversation with people at band camp and during summer band practice, but now that school's started, the people that talked to me treat me like I don't exist. Now I can't seem to stop the anxious thoughts that are running through my head like a train without a conductor. Do they think I'm stupid because I don't take as many advanced classes as some of them do? Did they only talk to me over the summer because they felt like I was a last resort and they had to? Will this ever stop? Why am I suddenly very afraid and paranoid of people? Should I just give up? Their behavoir toward me makes me even more afraid to approach them. Besides, I don't even know what to say to start conversations with, or even how to be a normal kid. It's senior year and everyone has their own groups. I never felt like I fit in all through school and that people look down on me because of who I am. I want friends and to be a normal kid and have fun. Maybe it's time to just throw in the towel on making friends and wait out the year when I'll never have to see these people ever again....:'(

·
Registered
16 Posts
When school started how did you interact with your summer friends? Did you say hi to them and they ignored you or did you expect them to come up to you. Sometimes its not that they don't like you its just that they don't know you that well yet and you're not best friends. If you find out that they don't like you, which i know it hurts especially when you're trying to become more social, just move on and find other people that you have more in common with and get you more.

conversations: ask them how their summer was besides band camp, use band as an intro into more conversation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts