Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even know where to start. I hate my job. I work with federal contracts with the government and I've been there about 2 years. The training program is 2 years (I just recently graduated the program) and for the past year, I've been working with a lady who was my trainer. We were the only people working on this one contract and she has recently gotten a promotion and is being moved out of our department. I'll be the only one working on the contract and I really don't think I can do it by myself. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. A lot of it has to do with my SA, of course. Now I'm the point of contact for that one contract and I'm bad at conversing and never say anything in meetings because I always have a blank mind and never know what to say. Everyone probably thinks I'm retarded. Even if it weren't for that, I would still be hating it but I don't think it would be near as bad.

I get a pretty decent salary, good benefits, and it's very secure because it's with the federal government. I have a degree in finance but I don't know if I could find a job in that field that would pay me as much (or close) to what I make right now. Plus my fiance and I just bought a house and we would be able to make it without my pay. I feel so trapped and don't know what to do. I look on the gov't job site everyday to see if there's anything else out there that I can do but I've had no luck. I regret not getting an accounting degree and almost wish I could go back to school but I don't think I could afford to even do that. I don't know what to do, this is killing me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have any answers. This post is very similar to my life right now. I am already dreading returning to work after the holiday and it's only Fri :( I'm interested to see if anyone has any good advice.

Friends think I'm luck to have a good stable job and that of course I should keep working there. But in my mind I am wondering which day I will be unable to drag myself in due to my anxiety and what will happen then.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
So are you a contractor, or an actual gov't employee?

Look it as an opportunity. From the sounds of it, it's like you are gonna manage the contract by yourself. I'd stick around for a bit just to get that experience and do what you been trained to do. It'll be good project management experience and when you get some of that, you'll be more valuable to employers, especially within the government and government contracting companies. It's also a chance to work independently and sure, you gotta talk to some people, but just remember you just have to do it instead of your SA getting the best of you.

You are checking usa.gov for jobs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts