Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only 15 years old and I've been diagnosed with social anxiety. I found out I had this disorder when I started working..it pushed me over the edge. (I work at a local diner) Anyway they agreed to give me 1 shift a week for 3 hours.. It's still too much. I'm not necessarily anxious all the time when working but I wanna talk so badly to my coworkers, because they prob think I'm being weird, but I can't find the words to say. I don't know anymore, I wish it was easier. :( is it possible to recover from Social Anxiety & depression, or do you just have to be born without it? I'm 15, I hate myself, I'm young, and I just want to be free. I don't feel like I'm worthy of anything, I can't even help my friends because they never want to hangout...And it's summer..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have you ever looked at exposure therapy of cognitive-behavioural therapy? They are actually very very effective, and it seems that you got diagnosed early, so the good news is that you have plenty of time to recover.

For me, I've been dealing with this for nearly 3 years, and at one point, I couldn't even talk to my closest friends and my family -- for this reason, I'm being medicated.

Even if you feel hopeless, remember that it can always get better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts