Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Daydreaming
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kind of feel like im disconnected from the world...I don't quite get it or understand...Im not really into it. I can't connect much...I don't get how some others can be so into it, interested, excited, etc...and Im never going to be "connected".

I also feel like I'm still some "little kid"...dependent...never will "grow up."

:blank Anyone else?

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's just the image you see, there are a lot of people who don't show their face in public. And even if they do, it's not like you'll take the time to get to know them. Just look at this forum, that's proof enough how many people feel the same way.

Just remember you're not alone, I see you're 20 in profile. That's still an early age, there are people in their late 20's still trying to figure out how to get out of bed.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I kind of feel like im disconnected from the world...I don't quite get it or understand...Im not really into it. I can't connect much...I don't get how some others can be so into it, interested, excited, etc...and Im never going to be "connected".

I also feel like I'm still some "little kid"...dependent...never will "grow up."

This is exactly how i feel. It seems that even if people want me around, or think i could fit in.......i dont feel i can. I dont think i would fit in with them, or what they do.

Its just not for me most of the time.

All i want to do is hang out with a few friends etc. Nothing crazy or outgoing.

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
You pretty much described how I feel most of the time^_^ I'm not really excited about anything. And I've never felt like I was part of anything.

·
Registered
632 Posts
yes,i always feel like i'm an alien that stuck in this "planet".i feel lost and disconnected with peoples most of the time.i'm like a kid stuck in an adult body.

·
Registered
136 Posts

We must be twins.

That's me to a T. Especially the little kid part. Lol I can't even manage some of the simplest tasks which is like general knowledge for every other person in the world. (Although I'm improving very slowly)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Deep inside I am still a child, coz I never had sex.... coz only a woman can make a boy into a man, and that's an axiom. But they basically all neglected me. Or to be more exact, i neglected them before they could neglect me. It is less depressing that way.

·
Explode or Implode
83 Posts
I feel the same way. I think why it's happened to me, why I feel like a child sometimes is because I'm not reaching out. Taking the initiative really helps me feel in control, as though I've accomplished something. I may not feel entirely connected but I feel as though I have something to stand up for, like I put my foot in the right direction and all it takes is putting another foot down.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah... i've tended to become very dependant on my best friend... when she's not around, i'm never connected to the world... almost enough to where i don't even know what's going on most of the time... but when she's around, i'm highly in tune to what's all around me. it's weird sounding, i know, but i don't really even connect with my family anymore... the walls seem to be getting closer and closer... sigh

·
Registered
428 Posts

I feel that way all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts