Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since it's been practically impossible to get in contact with the financial aid office of the college I am enrolled in, I figured I would ask here: If you are awarded a Pell Grant and then cancel all your classes, can you use that grant money next semester or is it lost?

I decided kind of late to go back to school and after registering and picking my classes, I realized I missed the deadline for a student loan. So I go and cancel my classes and wait till next semester. Then I notice on the revised schedule/bill that it says 'Federal Pell Grant'. WTF? I had no idea I got this money, was never even notified.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apply meaning filling out another FAFSA? Cause that's all I did. I thought FAFSA was a whole year thing and not per semester?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Depends how you filled out the form and what semesters you selected you'd be in school. You really need to talk to your financial aid office or else check out fafsa.org for more info. The money for last semester is gone but you can get more for next semester.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It turns out I was awarded grant money for both semesters. So even though I forfeited the money from the fall semester I still have money set aside for the spring. Best part is the grant covers the whole tuition!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts