Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
749 Posts
I'm fed up of hearing workmates bragging about their sex lives as if it's a walk in the park. I feel inadequete already because i've never even had a girlfriend.
It must be really hard the older we get. I'm in the same awkward situation, but i'm "only" 21.

All we can do is struggle on with our lives.

Theres nothing i could do to change my situation, apart from going out.

You are out and about at work at least.

· Registered
388 Posts
Well 28 is still young, you have a whole life to live yet. If that's you in your advatar I'd say you're a good looking guy (not gay) and with just a little bit of confidence I'd guarantee you'd find someone. It's really all about confidence, that's what it boils down to.

Besides those guys just may be making **** up to make themselves look big or macho anyways. I know I wouldn't be comfortable talking about my sex life in public (if i had one).

· Retired Enforcer
19,610 Posts
Sex becomes less important as you get older. Companionship on the other hand will become more important.

· Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well 28 is still young, you have a whole life to live yet. If that's you in your advatar I'd say you're a good looking guy (not gay) and with just a little bit of confidence I'd guarantee you'd find someone. It's really all about confidence, that's what it boils down to.

Besides those guys just may be making **** up to make themselves look big or macho anyways. I know I wouldn't be comfortable talking about my sex life in public (if i had one).
Thankyou, but the thought that i'm nearing the age of 30 scares me. I compare other people my age who have partners o'r atleast an established life and i feel inadequete, i feel that by the age of 30 i should be atleast living in my own place.

If only i could have that confidence that i need then i would be happy. I will never be happy unless i get rid of my low self esteem, and i have no clue how to do it.

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Try being 33. :fall

Their bragging about their sex lives is also considered sexual harassment if it is directed toward you. They have no business putting you down.

· Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, no, it wasn't directed at anyone, it's just that one o'r two like to brag. There's one guy younger than me and i hate the way he talks about women, you know as objects to be abused. He actually thinks he's cool because he claims he's slept with ''17'' girls.

I guess i feel inadequete to some degree because everyone else seems experienced.

· crazy
2,293 Posts
I feel for you, gaz - my advice to you would be to change your job. Seriously. I spent a few years around people like that when I was younger and it really ground me down. In contrast, when I worked in an office full of women I was much happier. Try some temp agencies and work in different places - then if you find one you like, see if you can stay there somehow. That's what I'd try to do, anyway...

· Registered
146,606 Posts
No, no, it wasn't directed at anyone, it's just that one o'r two like to brag. There's one guy younger than me and i hate the way he talks about women, you know as objects to be abused. He actually thinks he's cool because he claims he's slept with ''17'' girls.

I guess i feel inadequete to some degree because everyone else seems experienced.
He'll get a surprise someday: syphilis, gonorrhea, genital herpes, genital warts, a BABY. :eyes

He is over 17 times more likely to catch one of the above than you are.
He belongs on one of those Wild Kingdom shows.

Seriously, he's probably lying through his teeth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.