Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as per title really. ive just had enough...

i am crap at writing, so just bear with me ...

i have no self confidence at all. i am very awkward in social situations, and tend to be the person who doesn't speak until i am spoken to.

all through school, i had my self confidence sucked out of me, i was bullied a lot simply for being quiet and 'weak' and fairly overweight. not massively, but enough. i hated school something rotten and through my last two years i would refuse to go, or if i was made to, i would sit somewhere in the library the whole day, or simply bunk off. i left with crap grades and am currently working full time on crap pay. these days, i am 6 foot and 13 stone 6lb and see myself in the mirror as fat. i really hate my self image,

anyways, to the point, i feel like a nobody. i have the same old routine every day, and i do things that i think make me 'cool', but obviously, i have no one to be 'cool' around.... i.e. Ive heavily modified my car on my own, but have no one to cruise with. i Buy lots of pointless and expensive gadgets that i cant afford. i recently bought an LCD tv, Digital SLR camera and a macbook pro. and after i bought them i think... WHY ???

even my 18th birthday was spent with family. i did nothing on my 18th whatsoever. i envy my facebook friends profiles. they all have pictures of themselves at wild parties, and out with loads of friends. I WANT SOME OF THAT !

my work colleagues are just not friend material. they have their own social lives that just doesn't appeal to me. Getting Drunk, Getting Laid, and Getting Paid. also, the town i work in is FULL of old people, who all look very lonely. i really dont want to end up like some people i see. they constantly come into, or phone in our shop, just for the attention or someone to talk to.

I desperately want to turn my life around, but just dont know how, or where to start. i dont know what i want to do with my life. i dont really know what sort of friends i want.

sorry for such a rambling post, when i start writing i cant think of a work to say, then when i get into it i dont seem to stop !

·
Registered
336 Posts
dont be sorry. I feel the same way... just make little steps, get a gym membership and meet some girls or somethin. I do the same thing with my friends on myspace.. lol. I used to be real cool and popular and Ive just fell completely behind.
most likely youre a real cool guy, but when you get around people you dont know what to say or cant express yourself because of anxiety. theres alot of hope for ya.
I have an eating disorder and its alot simalar to social anxiety. You think youre bad at talking but really its a distortion. Like you think your fat but nobody else does. I dont know what stones are though. lol. cya man

·
Banned
95 Posts
Well as I can see you have a car, you have money, you have a job. So it's not so bad already. Some people don't have those things and have to worry about them besides Anxiety problems. Well as already said start working out. Go to the gym, go joging or maybe take up some Martial Arts or Boxing. You will become more confident with your physical shape, also people who workout are usually very friendly so maybe you will find some friends in the gym or at MArtial Arts Classes.
Also start going out to some places or somekind of events. Car shows or something. Yeah you will be anxious there, but you have to make yourself to such things. By going out you may meet people and maybe find some friends that like the same thing as you do.
So good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well as I can see you have a car, you have money, you have a job. So it's not so bad already. Some people don't have those things and have to worry about them besides Anxiety problems. Well as already said start working out. Go to the gym, go joging or maybe take up some Martial Arts or Boxing. You will become more confident with your physical shape, also people who workout are usually very friendly so maybe you will find some friends in the gym or at MArtial Arts Classes.
Also start going out to some places or somekind of events. Car shows or something. Yeah you will be anxious there, but you have to make yourself to such things. By going out you may meet people and maybe find some friends that like the same thing as you do.
So good luck.
Nope, i definatly dont have money. i have either saved for months for things, borrowed from family, been allowed to pay things i buy from work off monthly, or breaking out my flexible friend ;)

i tried joining kickboxing. i took part in one lesson and never showed up after that. i was too embarrassed and shy. it was really awkward for me the first time i went. i never even did a single lesson of pe through my last few years of high school :( i also used to go swimming quite a lot until some people i knew from school made fun of my 'man boobs'...

I've had loads of dead end hobbies & activities that i've never seemed to stick with.

as for meeting new people. i am very nervous of making the wrong first impression, and people might think im weird for being so quiet. a car meet was something i went to a few weeks ago. not a massive turnout but i was just the person in the background while they were all very lively and bubbly, and i was standing around wishing i was like that :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts