Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Confused
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm constantly fearing the future. I keep on thinking that I'm going to get cancer, a brain tumor (die in a car accident). I'll get a slight twitch in my lip, and I suddenly think I've got the early signs of a neurological disease (even though I know it's anxiety related). Generally, the future holds anxiety for me, more so than the past. Do you have these irrational fears? Sometimes I'll get nervous in company and mumble something, and suddenly I think I've got tourette syndrome.:|

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have irrational fears about the future...actually it's just one fear...I've always felt that I'm going to die in my 50's, in fact I almost didn't post about it cos I feel like typing it or saying it out loud might make it so, so just ignore it after you read it to negate it, thanks ;)

@ Bredwh: If you ever learn the secret of super powers, PM me :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Actually, my future is very positive. I aim to have this condition over and done with by the time i'm 21 (one year pretty much, I turn 20 this month), but that's just a hopeful goal.

I know I won't have it all my life though. That's for sure.

I do worry that I have a brain tumour though, due to the amount of migraines and nausea i've had the past two or three years, though logic tells me i'd be dead by now if that were the case.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I fear that i wont get anywhere in the future.

Then everyone says to me: "you have to get out and make things happen"

Damn it. I want certain things in life, but they seem unnatainable, and so it feels like i will always be stuck like this.

I fear not having a future, rather than just "the future".

·
Registered
928 Posts
In the last 3 years, my physical health has been getting worse.. back pain, migraines, hormonal and body changes, wrinkles! (Ive noticed a frown line!).. I feel like Im a 24 year old trapped in a 50 year old body and it scares me. In the last year, Ive felt old. I began thinking about what Ive actually done so far. I feel like lifes moving much faster than I can keep up. I know others will laugh, because heck.. Im 24! But to me, I feel old and Im starting to fear I will never achieve my aspirations or will never live my dreams. I fear Ill end up a bitter old failure and my kids will hate me, thats if I ever become a mother. I fear some random disease will take me and it will all be over with nothing achieved.
My future seems so far away for me. But I would still consider myself an optimist. Even though I have these fears. Theres a part of me, that says, everything always works out. Happiness and better days are still to come.
I guess thats what keeps me going.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I can relate. I'm actually a hypochondriac..I'm always worried about getting cancer or some disease. I don't even have insurance right now so if I happen to get sick I'm screwed. And I love and depend so much on my family..they're all I have. I often worry that they'll all die in a freak car accident. I'd be so distraught I'd probably kill myself.
The only thing I can do is try to keep myself busy and distracted as much as possible so that I won't obsess about what could happen.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yup, same here. I actually did wake up one morning with a strange and possibly incurable disease too. These things happen. Best advice I have is get yourself as healthy as you possibly can, don't do any drugs including so-called "safe" over the counter stuff unless you're otherwise unable to function/writhing in pain/etc, try to go organic (a bit expensive but worth it). Just try not to obsess about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I fear that i wont get anywhere in the future.

Then everyone says to me: "you have to get out and make things happen"

Damn it. I want certain things in life, but they seem unnatainable, and so it feels like i will always be stuck like this.

I fear not having a future, rather than just "the future".
I agree w/ you. This is my problem to the T. I HATE it when people say "Get out there and just do it". If it were that easy, wouldn't I have already done it (whatever "it" is)? So, obviously it's not that easy for me.

For me, it's usually the same people that know what is good for somebody else but not themselves. Technically, they should keep their mouths shut, and mind their business.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I agree w/ you. This is my problem to the T. I HATE it when people say "Get out there and just do it". If it were that easy, wouldn't I have already done it (whatever "it" is)? So, obviously it's not that easy for me.

For me, it's usually the same people that know what is good for somebody else but not themselves. Technically, they should keep their mouths shut, and mind their business.
Lol, usually the people that say these things are my family. I think they say these things because they want me to get better.

It doesn't help though, it just adds pressure.

They try to understand, but have no idea.

Yeah, i have no idea how to go about it either. I'd like to have more friends and get on with people, perhaps more outgoing/being invloved in social situations. But theres no way i have enough confidence to do so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts