Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you get this?

You wanna try something new, but you feel like...as a 30+ you're too old or its too late.

Or sometimes I sit at my computer wanting to start something and the thought of previous failures prevents me from doing it.

Sigh. Negative thoughts.

Procrastination isn't just laziness....sometimes its a crippling fear of failure.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,767 Posts
Yes, the thought of continuing education scares me. I'd feel as if my mind wasn't fresh enough or innovative or anything. I know thus far, I've been held back by limiting thoughts so I do have to recognize that.

·
Super Moderator
9,463 Posts
I use to procrastinate on things I wanna try, because I always tell myself it's something I need to be prepared for more and research more before trying. That of course becomes ever infinite. As I got older, I will tell myself that whatever new things I will decide to try, I am now at the stage of my life where I cannot afford and recover if things ever backfire on me so I am past the stage of my life of trying new things now. Due to this, I have pretty much experience very little things in life, much much less compared to your average person. Worse is, this makes me having are hard time in connecting and mingling with others, because I have so very little interesting things, experience and stories to share with others to bond to strengthen & build relationships. Things one typically needs to do so to socialize.

·
Super Moderator
36,710 Posts
At my age, pretty much anything new (to me) is going to be something I avoided when I was younger and never really wanted to do. When I was younger, I was much healthier and more physically and mentally resilient so if I was ever going to do something new, it should have been then.

As far as being afraid of doing something new? I don't know that it's so much fear as it is just not wanting to bother.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts