Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about this on another forum. The members complain that their eyes tend to go towards the boobs or vagina(or penis for females) when talking to someone and how that embarrasses them. It's interesting that almost half of them have this problem yet I haven't seen it brought up on this forum. Maybe it's a cultural difference.

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
lol If someone had that problem then they shouldnt be surprised at having some SERIOUS difficulty at being liked (to say the least).

dit: you mention cultural difficulties... what culture do those people live in?

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I don't do it. I'm pretty conscious of what I do when I'm talking directly to someone. Now if an attractive woman passes me in the store or something, I'll look right at her butt (once I know she can't see me looking). But just a glance. Any more than that is putting myself too far out there.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it wasn't intentional. I meant that females with SA tend to look at it when talking to a male. My bad English fails to explain a situation right every so often. :(
And it's not like they stare at it for a long time. It's just a fraction of a second. As they become conscious of it, it becomes more uncontrollable and causes more anxiety. Basically like any other SA symptom.

btw it's a South Korean community. It's kinda sad only half of the meds in the US are available to them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Auron said:
....whenever i had to talk to a girl, i would think "do not look at her boobs, do not look at her ***" and that was what i eventually ended up looking at lol.
I think this is basically what the main poster is referring to...

If I'm right?

If so, I have had this happen to me a lot. Lol. I always assumed it's just another symptom of being awkward. It doesn't last for long enough for someone to really notice, it's like a split second type thing. I used to do it often, when your around someone and nervous, certain weird reactions would come up. With girls, with guys. So yes, I understood what he first said in the beginning post lol... I'm a female... so guess what I'd look at for a split second .. !! ;O

But I don't know... no one ever seemed to notice. So I stopped caring.

·
PENUSSSSES and milk
17 Posts
This is going to sound lame lol but often while I'm having a conversation in my head I'll be like "keep your eyes up do not look down there" but then my eyes drift to that part of the guy's body so I get what you mean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm usually ok but I find it becomes distracting when you're in a bar/pub & the gals working are very busty with lots of cleavage exposed. It's a bit hard not to look but I guess it has to be brief glances so as not to seem rude
Lol. Yeah but that's not really what he's talking about. That's not being caused by anxiety. Everybody looks at the hooters girls' tits. That's just... the norm. :p

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
This is going to sound lame lol but often while I'm having a conversation in my head I'll be like "keep your eyes up do not look down there" but then my eyes drift to that part of the guy's body so I get what you mean.
That has happened to me too but only with men I have had a serious crush on. The problem is that you can never see anything anyway. Or is that just me?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I got used to it. I'm very careful though. A quick glance is enough. Luckily I'm not a huge boob-man so it's quite easy to avoid them (unless they're perched nicely behind a piece of clothing...ugh).

A little while ago I was talking to a girl sitting in front of me for a minute (she was eating or something) and only as I started to get changed she turned around. I just laughed to myself and thought "what the hell is she expecting to see?" (I'm quite a skinny guy).

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
i used to be all paranoid about this. if i was having a convo i would think "don't look at his crotch... don't look at his crotch..." even though i didn't want to check out his package (i really don't, i swear).

i don't thinnk about this anymore. i do however have a problem with spacing out.. or staring "into space" and not realizing where i'm looking and i'm sure sometimes that happens and i end up looking in the direction of a girl's breasts or a guy's crotch. haha.

i've had a few guys who are really shy/have SA say on separate occasions that it ends up looking like they are staring at a girl's breasts because they don't make eye contact and instead look down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i used to be all paranoid about this. if i was having a convo i would think "don't look at his crotch... don't look at his crotch..." even though i didn't want to check out his package (i really don't, i swear).

i don't thinnk about this anymore. i do however have a problem with spacing out.. or staring "into space" and not realizing where i'm looking and i'm sure sometimes that happens and i end up looking in the direction of a girl's breasts or a guy's crotch. haha.

i've had a few guys who are really shy/have SA say on separate occasions that it ends up looking like they are staring at a girl's breasts because they don't make eye contact and instead look down.
Interesting you state you really don't want to look! I would state the same thing.
sometimes when i'm takling to a girl my eyes wander without intention, it's like an overwhelming urge, I have no interest in looking at her boobs, as I usually can't seee anything! I might see said person most days, it just seems hard-coded into my biology that i must look! It really is quite strange.

·
Banned
372 Posts
sometimes I crotch gaze on accident. I once did it while someone was talking to me and then realized what i was doing. I was sitting down and they were standing, since i didn't want to look them in the eye i just sort of gazed ahead. oops :lol
hope they didn't notice
same with boobs, and I'm not gay. sometimes they're just there you know, and hard not to glance at.

·
Registered
449 Posts
lol well isnt this a funny thread. Im kinda surprised at all the ladies whose eyes wander down there, only because you cant see anything. If i was talking to a girl and she was looking down there, it would never occur to me what she was looking at. I would assume either staring at the floor, or in a case like efsees, staring off into space.

But its not really a problem for me, if i dont know the girl very well i get like tunnel vision and stare at or around her face. Cant really move my head in any other direction very well. But id be lying if i said i didnt notice.

·
king of the road
175 Posts
Do girls really do that!? I had no idea. I usually wear slim/skinny pants(not girl pants, mind you) and sometimes "it" is somewhat noticeable. Not extremely noticeable, but if someone was checking out that area they might notice it. It's only like this with a couple pairs of jeans that I have, but I always figure "it's not like a girl is going to be checking out down there" so I just go ahead and wear them. Now I'll definitely think twice before wearing them.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Hold on.....

:haha :haha :haha

okay.....well, most of the time, it is subconscious. I don't think people read more into it than it is.

In my case, it's too much EYE contact, though. It does make people uncomfortable, like they have something to hide.

As for where this topic has gone, I do tend to get self-conscious for a brief second, and then I'm like - they don't want to look into my eyes for too long.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts