Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fear of hell is much stronger than my love for god? i only follow christianity because i dont wanna burn in the eternal lake of fire forever. i didnt use to think this but after meeting "born again" christians and was recruited by them they kind of ruined god for me... but i figure i would burn in the lake anyway since i dont feel true love in my heart for god even if i follow what he says ...if there was no threat of hell i probably could be more genuine? or wouldn't be this religion at all.. how do i stop this?

·
LucyMae
6 Posts
I feel the same way sometimes. I have a constant fear that my love for God isn't great enough, that I'm not actually a Christian.

Sometimes I feel like no matter how hard I try, I can't muster up as much love as God requires. My main motivation for being a Christian is my want to get into Heaven and spend forever there. Whenever I think life might just end, and that's it, I feel really depressed. I need some hope to hang onto.

I think it's normal for fear to lead to repentance for some people like me, but I know I shouldn't be afraid now that I am one with God. I really hope He helps me out with this, but I know He wants us to do our part too.

Really, the biggest thing that I try to remember that lifts my spirits is this: Jesus didn't come for the perfect or the ones who were already full of love for God. He came for the broken, the fearful, the sinful (like me). I'm not perfect, and I never will be, but I hope God can help take some of this fear away and show me that we are in this together!

If this didn't answer your question at all, I'm sorry (I kinda went off in a different direction). Good luck with everything you do!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
yeah i have this problem too, i seem to fear satan more than god. I fell like the main reason I try to follow God's path is fear of not ending up in hell, not that much love of God. This has to do also with my prove God is real or not, so I know if i can commit suicide or not thing I'm having in the last year.

But i'm trying to discover God each day and I think he cares more if someone tries his heart out, rather then actually succeeding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts