Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In most social situations im in, especially when im not surrounded by a group of friends i feel extremely tense and awkward and just kinda clam up and cant speak. For me speaking up in those situations is almost kind of like what people experience when they do public speaking, but its just in somewhat normal social situations. I have this fear of expression, and being out of place. In class, I cant participate either because of the fear of speaking and having all the attention on me. Oddly enough when i was in school, and i played sports i thrived off the attention and loved it. The discomfort comes so strong i almost become like a mute sometimes lol. I have talked to therapists about this problem and theyve told me i have a form of social anxiety but its almost like it doesnt help going to them its just a scam. When im comfortable and can put my personality on the line, im very dominant, interesting, alpha and confident. When people get to know me they also say why didnt you talk more in the past. Also, when im out in bars etc for the most part i have no problem aproaching becuz i always have in the back of my head i can always walk away from these people, ill nevr see them again etc. I mean if anyone has any suggestions i would apreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts