Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but glad I found it. I have a phobia about driving even though I'm forced to do so on a daily basis. I learned to do so late in life because of this fear. I am not a good driver, I don't believe I am. I'm afraid I'll hit someone or crash into someone: Today, I passed a school bus with it's stop sign arm extended on a three lane road. I thought because it was a three lane road that it was okay to pass until the driver honked at me...that's how I knew I'd made a mistake!!! This is one of the reasons why, I never wanted to drive in the first place!! I'm scared everytime I get behind the wheel. I'm afraid of a possible citation for this incident, and court and fines....! I'm dealing with a bad job, poor health and financial problems also....I can't take much more!!!!

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, GloryRoad! :)

·
Lost
519 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm 20 and I still can't really drive. I decided to not get my permit until I was 18 because I didn't really need to drive before that. And well, I'm still on my learner's permit because I'm still afraid of driving. I'm definitely not progressing because I don't drive often.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I drive but I will admit I have my issues especially on the motorway (highway) it scares me so much I cant do it. I can drive in areas I know but nothing with lots of lanes or roundabouts.
Does listening to music help? I find it helps me calm a bit with my driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts