Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
To be honest, I think this is just an irrational fear of yours. I've read several of your threads, and they all mention that you are scared of people humiliating you over the internet. Stop worrying about what others think of you or what they may post about you on the internet. This paranoia isn't healthy. If you want a story, I knew a guy in high school, who was pretty quiet, but one time he laughed like crazy and his friends recorded it and posted it on facebook. His life wasn't over. He and his friends had a good laugh about it and it was forgotten within a few days. Nobody cared and nobody was humiliated. We all make goofy faces or make weird noises sometimes. It's only awkward if you make it awkward.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
This is irrational thinking. Why would someone post a video of you on the internet? What do you do that's so outstanding that other people have to see it? And even if they do see it, why would it ruin your life? It would eventually fade. People don't care that much about funny online videos. It's usually a fad for a couple months, maybe a little more. Then it's old news. Unless you're doing an unspeakable crime, it won't ruin your life.

I know that one girl was talking about you, but she's either being paranoid or just wants to make a joke out of you because she's bored and finds it funny. This fear, like most other ones, can probably be overcome with rationalizing :yes (like I did in the paragraph above).

·
Banned
62 Posts
i feel the same i think that our level of S.A.D is very high and that is why we think that

every time i see a camera or a phone infront of my face i think they are for me and its not that im ugly

it a very hard thing to live with you just need to ignore it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts