Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up around animals. I've had dogs, cats, horses, cows, llamas, turtles, rodents, birds, etc...
I don't really have any severe animal phobias, except spiders. I HATE spiders, all of them, even "Daddy longlegs." And I find most bugs and snakes creepy, too.
Is anyone here afraid of animals in general, or of certain animals? If so, did you have a bad experience with one, and then became afraid? Or, if you weren't around animals as a child, are you afraid of them now?

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I'm not really afraid of animals, but I suppose if I was being chased by a hungry bear or a lion I might change my mind in a hurry. I saw a rattlesnake in the wild once, I just stood there about five feet away from it and watched it for awhile as it slithered away. The biggest thing that freaks me out though is bats. I can't stand those things...just looking at them freaks me out. We have had a few get into the house already. One time we had one get stuck to a fly paper during the night too. It wasn't very happy the next morning.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Humans..if they count :afr :lol

But i can relate to the fear of bats, we've had them get into the house twice so far, and daddy long legs which i see alot of, and hungry carnivorous beasts of course :teeth :tiptoe ..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Spiders and dogs. Well.. not all dogs, but the bigger ones with owners who look like they wouldn't care if their pets mauled me to death :afr Have to remember to not look the dog in its eyes and not to let it smell my fear..

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hmm.. not really, I have spend my whole life with all types of animals, so I've been bitten, pecked, scratched, kicked and stung numerous times, pretty much used to it by now. I dont mind insects, unless theres out to get me. :) . We live in the woods, so there are plenty of snakes here and I'm in charge of moving them to another locaton since my mom freaks out bad. Yesterday I heard my mom screaming in the kitchen, turns out one of our cats brought home a lizard, cute little guy was scared to death. So I took him outside and put him on a tree..

·
Registered
333 Posts
I dont fear animals...unless of course its a huge bear or something that wants to rip me to shreds just 'cause it can.snakes i can handle,spiders yeah sure,furry creatures mmhmm...but insects...more trouble.theres only been one insect though that i 'feared' ...it was a preying mantice...EhhhHh i kept a eye on it cause i didnt trust the ugly thing.im the only one in this house who actually catches spiders/lizards/grasshoppers and places them back outside...Everyone else just smacks them with objects and scrapes them off.i guess i have a soft spot for animals...so I also wanted to become a vet but that thought quickly faded along with others.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am not necessarily afraid of animals, but I will admit to being nervous around them. Although in general I am good with animals. And I absolutely LOVE all animals!!!!! When it comes to people I do not get along with them. Animals are so much easier to like and to get along with :)

wishful_thinking: Humans are animals, so yes of course they count.

·
Registered
21 Posts
moviefreak13 said:
When it comes to people I do not get along with them. Animals are so much easier to like and to get along with :)
Very true ;) When my cat was still around, it didn't matter how bad my day had been, he was always sitting by the window waiting for me to come home. Or when I had to go out somewhere, he'd follow me to the car and jump inside to try and come with me.

It's sad when cats are more understanding than people :(

·
Registered
165 Posts
I love animals, even skunks and bats...they are both cute! I don't mind bugs...as long as they stay outside.

I'm not as fond of dogs as I once was. I used to love and adore dogs of all shapes and sizes. Then when I was in high school there was a month when three separate times dogs came from out of NOWHERE and chased after me barking like they wanted to make a kill. For a while I was scared of all dogs, it was a true phobia. I'm not scared of them anymore, but I'm not as fond of them as I was before that month of evil dogs chasing me.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
I never grew up around animals, but when I was at other people's houses when I was younger dogs loved to attack me, so I get jittery around even cats and dogs. I'm always waiting to be jumped on or scratched. :lol

·
(.*?)
6,617 Posts
Wasps are evil and have given me reason to fear them. Spiders bother me if they're indoors, especially if they're big. Loud and obnoxious dogs bother me. Carnivores larger than me bother me. Other than that, animals are good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts