Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little,ok alot help with A online faxing program.

I have
OS Windows XP
Printer/Scanner Lemark X75

I need A simple way to send faxes and for free.
Any suggest for A program that works good and is simple to use?
Any good forums for info/helps ?

I download Fax Machine 4.18
but Im getting some errors after the scan.

http://www.download.com/Fax-Machine/300 ... ag=lst-0-4

·
Registered
435 Posts
i assume you're using a fax modem? or are you actually trying to fax over the internet? if the latter is the case, the only way to do it as far as i know, is through a subscription service. you pay a fee and are given access, one way or another, to fax number and an online method of sending and receiving faxes, often in the form of an email address.

other than that i can't really help as it's not something i've ever played with. but if you post your errors i bet i can give some clues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sadpanda said:
i assume you're using a fax modem? or are you actually trying to fax over the internet?
Its the fax modem way, 99% sure of it.

This is A quote from prgram I'm trying to run.
Got a scanner and a fax modem? Why not combine those two into a fax machine? Fax Machine helps you: put a document on your scanner's glass, start Fax Machine, click 'Scan a page', click 'Send fax', fill in a fax number and click 'Send it'. That's all.

Errors are

unable to create the file,access denied

1004: TwainPRO error

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nutsy said:
sadpanda said:
i assume you're using a fax modem? or are you actually trying to fax over the internet?
Its the fax modem way, 99% sure of it.

This is A quote from program I'm trying to run.
Got a scanner and a fax modem? Why not combine those two into a fax machine? Fax Machine helps you: put a document on your scanner's glass, start Fax Machine, click 'Scan a page', click 'Send fax', fill in a fax number and click 'Send it'. That's all.

Errors are

1004: TwainPRO error

·
Registered
435 Posts
that's odd. it sounds like it's trying to scan and save to a temporary file on the drive, and somewhere along they way it isn't being allowed to write the file, or the file is getting lost, or something.

but then again error messages are often very misleading, it might be that your scanner driver just isn't talking to the fax software properly... or vice versa. i take it you're trying to do it in a "one-step" method... scan and fax automatically. try instead scanning the file manually, and then manually sending it as a fax. the fax software should have a method for doing that?

if that works, then it must mean incompatibility with the fax software and your scanner, or that one of the two isn't configured right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It sounds like a permissions problem. So where is the file being created? Check the permissions on the directory, if you know what it is. You can probably find it in Options or Configuration for the fax software. Make sure you have Write permissions to that directory.

If you don't want to mess with it you can go to above link for Nico Software and send Nico a message and maybe he'll help you himself. :lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First off Thanks everyone for their help.
It means alot to me for sure.
I'll just say I been having A very bad week here.

The fax program and the scanner are working together with each other now.

I got 5 pages saved and ready to fax,maybe by tomorrow I'll have them sent at the rate im going.

Update
I made contact :thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts