Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of my favorite ones.....

People gather bundles of sticks to build bridges they never cross. ~Author Unknown

If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. ~Author Unknown

Other people's opinion of you do not have to become your reality. ~Les Brow

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today. ~Dale Carnegie

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's not the critic who counts. The credit belongs to those who are in the arena; who are marred by dust, sweat and blood. Those who have experienced pain, failure and success several different times and in many different ways and have never given up.

·
making awesome awesomer
587 Posts
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” by Dr. Suess

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
"Even when the condition is critical, When the livin is miserable, your position is pivotal, i ain't bull****tin you, now why would i lie? Just to get by? Just to get by???" - Talib Kweli (Get By)

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
It's in my sig

·
Registered
889 Posts
"Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion." - Henry David Thoreau

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
"You always pass failure on the way to success" - Mickey Rooney

This is a quote from a friend which I thought was rather good:
"My best friend is imaginary...we like to go play hide and seek but i can never find him"

This isn't the full poem but I thought the ending was quite nice:
".....
To keep me going
For tomorrow
So that I will become a stronger person
than I was
Yesterday"

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
"This life is a test, it is only a test. Had this been a real life you would have been instructed where to go and what to do." :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
These are awsome quotes! I am new to the forum and I am looking for quotes that express cliques, or truism -- such as 'humans are social animals'
I'm writting a paper and I want to write an intro along the lines that having social interactions is desired and wanted by most people, but some have difficulty with social interactions.

i want the opening statement to be a clique or truism, something that is expected of most people, but that doesn't happen for everyone. it has to be related to making friends, interpersonal/peer relationships. anyone??

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I am anxious it is because I am living in the future. When I am depressed it is because I am living in the past. ~Author Unknown

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. ~Albert Camus

We experience moments absolutely free from worry. These brief respites are called panic. ~Cullen Hightower

1 - 15 of 15 Posts