Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone feel this way?

My favorite part of the day is when I'm completely out. Does that make me depressed? I just don't feel my life is exciting. I pretty much work everyday and then on the weekends I catch up on everything I couldn't do because I was working all week (errands, cleaning ,etc). Nothing happens. It's just blah. When I sleep, I at least don't have any worries & my mind shuts off.

I guess, I don't understand how to be happy. What during the day makes YOU happy?

·
Registered
17 Posts
random things :) surfing on the net, watching a good movie, playing with my dogs (have fun taking them to the park)...and this is kinda weird but after a long workout and im all sweaty and gross...i feel the best after a cool shower and all lotioned up and clean :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Same here. My favorite part of the day is when I'm asleep and dreaming. I pretty much live in my dreams. If I could just stay there I'd be set. Nothing makes me happy during the day. Everything is dull and boring. When I'm dreaming I'm doing all kinds of cool **** and I have no SA.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
Yeah I love being asleep. I wish I could just turn off my consciousness during the day and then back on when I'm sleeping.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can tell I'm depressed when all I want to do is sleep, and I seem to go through bouts of this. It sucks, especially since it's when I have a lot to do that I go through this :(

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Sleep is great. It's a break from reality and anything ****ed up and twisted is good to me.

I find that when I sleep and dream, the dreams can either be really comforting or really depressing, though lately they've been mostly comforting.

I keep on dreaming about this girl that I've never even met and I can't get her out of my head. I wish there was a way I could meet her but she probably doesn't even exist in real life, sounds crazy I know. I think she is the amalgamation of all of the girls I've had crushes on in the past but i'm not too sure.

Maybe it's just my subconscious telling me i'm a loner and have no life and i guess that aspect of it is depressing.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I wake up happy everyday ( before I take my meds) and I am not sure why. I am like Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates. But by the evening , I am usually depressed and how I sometimes cope with that is by going to bed and sleeping.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have woken up from dreams and thought,"damn,I was having fun."and "Noooooooo!!!!!!!".LOL.I really like sleeping and dreaming.Lately I've been feeling miserable most of the day,but when I don't Its usually,well I can't remember right now so I'll have to get back with you on that when I'm going through a good phase.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sleep=better than my life. I like lying in bed, I like sleeping, I like falling alseep I only like waking up when it's late on a weekend.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unless I'm having a nightmare I prefer sleep over any other activity. A good book, movie, or an awesome meal is a close second but being with people would never rank very high. I know we need to be with other people but how can I enjoy it when it makes me feel so freaking awful to be around anyone. Sometimes I think my best friend is my bed.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
When it gets dark and all the stupid neighbors go in. I just hate summer it stays light really long. It doesn't get completely dark until 12 midnight due to being further north, being closer to the central time zone, and Lake Superior acting like a big mirror. The light is different here esp after the sun goes below the horizon. The lake continues reflecting the light even after the sun goes below the horizon here.

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
It's kind of a double edged sword for me. My last post definitely sums up how I feel. BUT, I've developed a fear that I'm wasting my life. Then I realize that I'm just about out of time to do the normal things that 20-30 year olds normally do. Running out of time to still be able to get wild and party and just have fun, not to mention having some sort of dating life.. I start obsessing over this which is just adding fuel to an already unstable fire

·
Registered
604 Posts
When my S.A. gets really bad... I find myself sleeping sometimes 20 hours a day on the weekends. I just don't want to feel anything or wake up. I love feel like I'm in a comatose state. It does the think trick everytime. I find it relaxing and theraputic. It's like I don't want to wake up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The worst part of my day is waking up in the morning, because I know I have to deal with the whole day before I can get back in heaven again, asleep without a care in the world and my dreams to accompany me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The worst part of my day is waking up in the morning, because I know I have to deal with the whole day before I can get back in heaven again, asleep without a care in the world and my dreams to accompany me.
:yes I agree

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I have sa even in my dreams! So i never escape, apart from when i don't dream.

The last f'd up dream i had was that i was in a shop with my dad and the girl working at the counter and my dad were laughing at me. My dreams consist of rejection and redicule; My fears in life.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts