Votes: 33 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 22 40.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Self-esteem Deprived
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's a question for everyone: Whats your favorite Musical Instrument(s)? And do you play a musical instrument?

It's hard to make a list of what my favorites are (because I love just about all of them!) but to list a few I've been interested in lately are: The Hammered Dulcimer, Shamisen, Erhu, and the Ukulele. Despite my love for music though, I haven't yet learned to play any musical instrument. I'm hoping to one day, though. (I'd learn to play them all, if I could. :lol)

Also, if you know of any unusual instruments or songs, feel free to post them! I have a sort of obsession where I'm constantly looking for musical instruments I've never heard of before, and like listening to many different types of music.

(And for those who are interested, here's a link to a page on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_instruments Inside is a list of many many different musical instruments from all around the world!)

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Never played an instrument, I am not musically talented unfortunately (though I have been told I have a good voice :S). But I love the drums!!!!!

One day I will get myself a kit.

·
SAS resident WAKWAK
373 Posts
Drums!!(Bill Bruford, Mike Giles, John Bonham, Neil Peart, Keith Moon, Nick Mason) , Mellotron(mostly Robert Fripp) , guitar(David Gilmore, Hendrix) , harp(Joanna Newsome), Ian Anderson flute / whistling.

I don't play any :( I can play a mean air drum set though.

^ Ospi your should get a kit like Neil Peart!!

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I played trombone in high school and college, but that was a long time ago.

My favorite instrument to listen to is probably the piano.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
guitar and bass

but i wish i was good at drums. I think there's an invisible string connecting my feet and legs that keep me from doing two different beats at the same time

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Favorite instrument: Harp

I played trumpet in HS. I was the only one, too, for 3 years. I went to a very small school.

·
chubby 11 year old girl
1,950 Posts
I played French Horn for three years in middle school. hmm I don't think I have a favorite instrument.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,057 Posts
I play guitar, bass, & drums but I'm not sure I can say what my favorite instrument is. I do however think flutes are instruments that could be used far more often. If I was to learn more instruments keys officially & some form of flute would be it for sure. My music links are in my signature for those interested

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I'd have to say that I like guitars and drums about equally, I have never played any instruments.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
I play guitar and its my favorite instrument. I really like drums, harpsichords, violins and all strings, kotos, saxophones...ok i like pretty much any instrument lol.

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
I love the sound of the cello, Yo Yo Ma playing bachs cello suite in G minor is worth checking out. Also Andy McKee on youtube is Freaking AMAZING! CHECK IT OUT=)
My brother bought me a mandolin for my birthday I have to wait until I go and see him before I can pick it up though. I play the guitar, ukulele, bass. I like making music its cathartic.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Piano and cello are my favorites. I've been learning cello for a few months and I studied piano for about a year but am now taking a break because of wrist discomfort :(. I've also done a little with guitar.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, I have to include the violin because I played it for several years. I haven't played since 2004 though, and that makes me sad. But it was stolen by someone I (unfortunately) know, and I can't afford another one. I also think the cello is another favorite.

·
Burnt-on cheese
1,005 Posts
Well, I theoretically play Great Highland bagpipe but I haven't picked mine up in forever... so I guess I don't really play an instrument anymore.

As for favourite instruments, well, ever since I was a child I have been awed by the PIPE ORGAN.

And I can't really suggest any new instruments, I'm not one of the lucky people that understands all the music talk !! (Like my sister!) But here are some nice ones anyway.

There are many different kind of bagpipes, here is an example from Asturias in Spain (la gaita asturiana).

Santur (hammered dulcimer, Iran,)

oud is nice:

My brother bought me a mandolin for my birthday I have to wait until I go and see him before I can pick it up though.
I used to take mandolin lessons like 14-15 years ago but I had to stop, but it was fun...I would still pick it up and play what I had learnt from time to time. Unfortunately now I haven't seen the thing in years and have no idea what happened to it. It was my dad's so I hope he has it!!

·
triumph of stupid
1,006 Posts
Favourite: Cello
Play: Clarinet (but haven't for almost 15 yrs)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts