Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I you asked me this 2-3 years ago I would say Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I just don't know anymore. The Tonight Show with Conan isn't nearly as good as Late Night was in it's prime. It just feels watered down and the writers aren't nearly as good as they used to be. Some of the classic skits and characters from Late Night aren't there anymore. No more Joel Godard, evil puppy, S&M Lincoln (lol), or Conando. Conan doesn't seem as confident as he used to be, which is too bad cause he can be hilarious.

I never really thought any other show was even funny. Leno was ok, usually I only watched him to see Conan next.

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
He may need time to make the transition. It's unfortunate the Masturbating Bear isn't allowed at that hour.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I love,love,love David Letterman!

·
Registered
216 Posts
conando in still there. i agree he isnt as funny as he was in his prime, he used to be my favorite too. now I think they should have just kept the old lineup.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
Craig Fergusson is able to hold my interest for a while. I used to watch Conan for the guests, but in the few times I've watched his new show, it seems he has a lot of A list guests now, and they are kind of boring.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I don't watch those shows very much, but I'd probably choose Conan. I love Triumph the insult comic dog!

I haven't seen much of his new show but I kind of figured they'd tone it down in order to appeal to the older target audience that is still awake at that time slot.

Jimmy Fallons new show seems pretty cool too. Kimmel is good for musical guests at times.

·
Recluse
835 Posts
Conan is hilarious, shame they didn't/don't show it over here :( The UK has no good late night talk shows. Jonathan Ross is an unfunny moron and I feel embarrassed for this country every time he has a prominent guest from the US on.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I like Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel is occasionally funny.
Jimmy Fallon still doesn't appear very confident and the show needs new writers..the jokes suck.
Conan has always been my favorite. He's a much better host for the tonight show than Leno was.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Conan and Craig Ferguson. Two of the funniest people on TV.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Craig Ferguson.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
David Letterman (I'm a Midwesterner, okay :) ).
Craig Ferguson is funny. I like his humor. It's saucy, but clean at the same time. :lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
Craig Ferguson. I used to love Conan, I haven't really seen his show lately though. I never liked Letterman and I didn't really like Leno. Kimmel is horrible. Fallon isn't too bad.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
Fallon is my favorite. Never really got into Leno, Letterman, Fergusonm or Kimmel. I used to watch Conan until he called "soccer" the worst sport in the world.....f--k you! I stopped watching it after he made those comments. But yeah, Jimmy Fallon ftw.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Big Show.

(Letterman)

Conan is good too, but I agree that his show has lost a little kick. I'll just watch whoever has the better guests.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Conan. I miss the old Conan, though. He is too restricted at the new time slot.

I really don't see Fallon lasting all that much longer.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I love Fallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
king of the road
175 Posts
I agree with what most people on this thread think. Conan is still good, but has lost something in his switch to the Tonight Show.

I used to not like Fallon, but he's growing on me. It seems that he still isn't completely comfortable, but I think he has a lot of potential.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts