·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you prefer to get your rush?

·
SAS Member
31,298 Posts
If I was going for a rush then I would probably drink some kind of energy drink. My favorite would probably be soda for just an everyday caffeinated drink.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
In the morning I like to have a cup of tea while I'm at home then a cup of coffee while I'm at work or school.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
i love coffee. but these days i don't bother with making it and my mum only buys instant (gross), it is also not as convenient to drink and not that appetizing in the warm weather.

which is why i often prefer energy drinks. i've had to seriously cut down lately because i've developed mild arrythmia from my long-term excessive caffeine intake. :/
here are my favourites:

beaver buzz: 188mg of caffeine per 8.3oz. or if i want the no calorie version, 120mg of caffine. i would get this kind the most often as it's sold in most places, it's the smallest and cheapest ($1.99)

jolt: the cans are pretty big (24oz), way too much to carry with me. and i've only found them in a few places but for 99 cents, with 220mg of caffeine. pretty sweet and i'll occasionally stock up when i'm at that store to keep at home.

redline: the most EPIC energy drink ever. 320mg of caffeine per 8oz bottle. it's not carbonated which i prefer and it doesn't taste too bad. i try to hold back from drinking it all at once, since it carries a very long list of warnings on the bottle: "not recommended for those with psychiatric conditions, on medication, with caffeine-sensitivity, under 18, mixed with alcohol", etc. that's how you know it's ****ing hardcore ****. it's also pretty rare to find (only found it at one 7-11 location)

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
tea is very nice but not for the caffeine.

also caffeine pills don't work all that much. i used to buy the 100mg and take a couple a day and you can't really feel it.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I drink soda, but notice no effect. The 35 mg of caffeine that is typically found in most sodas produces no effect that I can notice.

If one really wants caffeine they can buy a bottle of caffeine pills at Walmart for under $3 -- which works out to 3 cents for each 200 mg tablet.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I rarely drink anything caffeinated, every once in a while I'll drink a pop but that's about it.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Only soda because I like the taste. Caffiene really does nothing for me. I think my stomach is a black hole. I tried one of those energy shots last night. Felt nothing.

·
Registered
928 Posts
No coffee is like sleep. :)

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I drink Coke pretty much daily, coffee I love but not in summer.

For caffeine, I drink energy drinks. I like the taste of Nos the best (grapefruit), but I'll usually get a stronger drink like Full Throttle or Amp.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
coffee and diet soda/dr pepper/sprite (and its knock offs). caffeine doesnt really keep me up anymore though

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I'm not into caffeinated drinks (I don't hate them, I just don't bother with them). I'll have pop 3-4 times a year and tea maybe once or twice a year.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts