1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Making No Apologies
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Self-explanatory....

Mine were:

Jem and The Holograms
She-Ra( although I dont know if she had her own show, I think she was only on He-Man)
Fraggle Rock
Rainbow Brite
The Carebears
Transformers
Biker Mice From Mars, lol
Strawberry Shortcake

I could go on all day......

·
Making No Apologies
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot about Captain Planet! I should be ashamed lol. I always felt sorry for that poor kid who only had Heart as a power. What can you even do with that?

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
ronan warriors
rocko's modern life
rugrats
voltron
ren and stimpy
pinky and the brain

drawing a blank

nickelodeon was the **** in the early-mid 90s

·
Registered
52 Posts
I liked most of the shows that aired on Nickelodeon before it went down the crapper. My favorites included Doug, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, and Hey! Arnold.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
gi joe, transformers, thundercats, he-man, x-men, spider-man, ducktales, darkwing duck, batman, silver hawks, MUSCLES, COPS, garfield and friends, heathcliff, smurfs

·
slanted and disenchanted
321 Posts
haha, i was all over Jem. i even had the stupid doll w/ the light up earrings.

Thundercats was another fav, as was David the Gnome.

oh, and Danger Mouse! that was probably most loved childhood show.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dogtanian.
Dungeons and Dragons.
I can remember watching the Care Bears, early one Sunday morning.
Fraggle Rock. I would wake up early, to watch that, before Going Live came on. :)
The Children of Green Knowe
The Box of Delights
The Moon Dial
Duck Tales
Count Duckula was a favourite - I went through a phase of drawing him and Igor, all over the place - wherever I might be allowed (practicing - getting it right from memory).
Captain Caveman
Chorlton and the Wheelies
The Smurfs
I can remember watching Button Moon, although it wasn't a favourite. I have the song stuck in my head, right now. :)

I know I'm forgetting quite a few...

·
Making No Apologies
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, i was all over Jem. i even had the stupid doll w/ the light up earrings.

Thundercats was another fav, as was David the Gnome.

oh, and Danger Mouse! that was probably most loved childhood show.
Hahaha, I had the doll with the earrings too. I was making fun of my friend because she had the dolls that you had to place in the stand where they then proceeded to rock back and forth. Not only is that creepy, but its lame and kind of odd.

Ugh, and I forgot about Doug and David the Gnome too ( I had the David the Gnome song as a ringtone, HA!) Nickelodeon was definitely the s**t back in the day, they'll never be able to top it.

·
slanted and disenchanted
321 Posts
Hahaha, I had the doll with the earrings too. I was making fun of my friend because she had the dolls that you had to place in the stand where they then proceeded to rock back and forth. Not only is that creepy, but its lame and kind of odd.

Ugh, and I forgot about Doug and David the Gnome too ( I had the David the Gnome song as a ringtone, HA!) Nickelodeon was definitely the s**t back in the day, they'll never be able to top it.
hahahahhaa!! that's so funny! i'm glad i wasn't the only one to fall prey to the Jem doll's charms (i mean, flashing earrings, c'mon...) plus she had the half pink/half blonde hair. the other dolls were totally sub par.

yeah, nickelodeon is lame now. i get sad when i have to watch it w/ my niece and nephew...

·
finished uni!
449 Posts
Tintin

That's the only show I ever watched!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Captain Planet, man... Captain Planet... best f*cking cartoon, ever.
Oh man Captain planet even i'm embarassed what a piece of overly liberal b.s. that cartoon was. Captain planets face was modelled after Ted Turner for christ sake.

I don't disagree with anything here so far the 80's and 90's where pretty good for a kid even if a lot of the cartoons where just excuses to market toys to kids *cough* transformers *cough*

I still remember Eek the cat fondly, muppet babies, that allstar cartoons to the rescue thing (even as a kid I knew the thing was ridiculous) the flinstones, courage the cowardly dog... well those last two might be a bit out of year but still good.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Pole Position, Turbo Teen, Transformers (of course) and the Mr. T cartoon! I got up at 8:00 on Saturday to watch cartoons until 2:00 lol.

Edit: My first crush was Daphne from Scooby Doo.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts