Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of put-downs, can't dos and what nots. I went into recluse; came out of it; went into jobs; tons of depression from past firings; went into job; tons of ridicule; went into job and school; ridicule and stress.

Now i'm officially drained and I look the part. But because it's affecting how much stuff I can take in and how I present myself to others, I was wondering what I can do to get rid of the empty feeling inside me and the tired appearance that I wore all the time?

I want to start small that works a bit before going into something huge.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I find being anxious all the time at work wears me out a lot and I feel like twice as tired as I should be. I want to try meditation to try to learn how to relax myself and maybe also get some energy

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
I've noticed I've been constantly tired lately. But I think it has more to do with my diet. Or lack of a diet, as it were. All I eat is Pizza Pops, Cherrios and popsicles. But I'm too lazy to change it. Rather, I don't want to change it. I'd rather be constantly tired than eat healthy food, which is the wrong attitude, I know.

But being anxious has something major to do with it.

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I didn't think it was the food that cause me to be tired all the time. I admit that I do eat junk food every now and then. And my favourites are KFC and curry LOL.

But I ate them because food are part of my comfort 'cushion'. But i'm guessing it's too much of a comfort....that it probably plays a part for my stress too...I guess.

I just got home like 1am and i'm tired. I even tried drinking one bottle energy drink and it doesn't seem to work for me.

I don't understand why most meds and supplements don't work for me. Even if they do, it's like a short while and I would be immune to it.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
If I don't keep it in check every so often I'll get all jittery, paranoid, & starting thinking about throwing wolverines at people.
:clap That was hilarious! I wish I could do that all the time! Just try and picture it, it's really funny. :lol

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Well, I didn't think it was the food that cause me to be tired all the time. I admit that I do eat junk food every now and then. And my favourites are KFC and curry LOL.

But I ate them because food are part of my comfort 'cushion'. But i'm guessing it's too much of a comfort....that it probably plays a part for my stress too...I guess.

I just got home like 1am and i'm tired. I even tried drinking one bottle energy drink and it doesn't seem to work for me.

I don't understand why most meds and supplements don't work for me. Even if they do, it's like a short while and I would be immune to it.
Well what is your work/school schedule like? Are you doing too much? Senior year in college I was working close to 40 hours a week and taking 5 classes and nearly burned myself out completely. I think I just barely made it through finals, if I had gone on like that I probably would have had a nervous breakdown.

If you're getting home at 1am what time do you sleep until? Which meds or supplements aren't working for you?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do you get adequate amounts of sleep? Getting enough hours of sleep that include R.E.M sleep will probably help you in feel more alert and less fatigued the next day. So whenever you dream, that's a good sign since dreams occur during R.E.M. sleep. Also, exercising is a good way to release physical stress and even mental stress that accumulates throughout the day. Even if you don't go to the gym, a jog or walk around your neighborhood or local park is a good way to clear your mind and increase your sense of well-being as your body releases endorphins through exercise. Also, find something or someone that never fails to make you laugh. Laughing also produces endorphins and it always makes me feel so much better and even jolts up my energy level. I hope you find something that works for you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been exhausted lately too. I know part of the problem is sleep (i'm an insomniac who takes pills). It's also the way I eat (junk) and not enough water, lack of exercise (who has the energy?). I just don't have the motivation or energy to change anything. I'm going to try to change one thing. MAybe just one change will start working for you too.

Luck.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I can relate hot chocolate. I feel so emotionally and physically drained at the end of the day from all the interactions I have. I have to recharge for many hours before going back to normal. Going through the day trying to pretend I don't have S.A. because of work or school and it's exhausting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts