Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad and I havnt had a relationship in a few years and I was worried Id loose him out of my life if someone didnt make a move and talk.
Well, My dad is building an investment property and I'll be living in it.. dad will be my landlord. :D Since Dad rang me to tell me. We've been talking more.
Because he lives on the other side of the city and works alot, he left a bit of house hunting up to me initially. Then he decided to build.
There was even a week where he rang me nearly 4 times a day!
Soo, its a start. I still find it hard to find something to talk about with him. But I'm feeling a bit more comfortable talking to him now.

I also dont get along with his wife (stepmother - dont like using that 'mother word') and I showed him that I can be civilized and mature around her, as I always am. lol. So I think that took some pressure off his back too.

I guess Ill be seeing alot more of him in the future since he'll be the landlord.

Soo now the long wait till December when the house is finished! :boogie

·
Banned
422 Posts
That's really awesome. I hope you guys can continue to strengthen your relationship. Family, even when the relationship is not that great, can be a real blessing to have in your life.

·
Registered
139 Posts
that is really good to hear, i hope u guys can have a closer realationship. I kind of am in a situation like u were in, wiht my father, so i get where you are coming from.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
I'm a father with two daughters, and although my daughters and I have a good relationship, it has it's stresses for me and for them, I'm sure. Its good to hear that you're having more contact and feeling good about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.