Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you dress nice? I don't dress very well, I wonder if this is because I don't want to be noticed? If I dress nice, people will compliment me, and part of me doesn't want that to happen.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I feel like I don't dress too nicely either, unless I'm going out(which I rarely do).. I feel that either way, if I dress good or bad, people will still notice..

·
insert witty comment here
6,194 Posts
I try to keep it fashionable but low key at the same time. No loud colours or too eccentric stuff but I wear fitted clothes and keep up with broader trends.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That's kind of funny, I would say I do dress nicely, because if I didn't, people would notice and start to hassle me.
exactly! I dress nice to "fit into the crowd" so that I wont be noticed!! It bugs the crap out of my boyfriend when I wont get out of the car unless i'm wearing makeup :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I love clothes, but usually end up dressing really casual (or as my friend says, like a hobo). When I try I can put together nice outfits.

·
killer of conversations
10,545 Posts
I always feel better about myself when I'm dressed nice. As for fashion, I'm not very fashionable or educated on what is considered fashion. I like my jeans and my t-shirts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i dress very plainly, cargo shorts and a solid colored pocket tee every day. i guess i dont want to have style of any sort because i dont want to choose and am not apart of any 'group' that dresses a certain way if that make sense.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have been dressing nicely for a few months, this summer I will become a minimalist and buy a few choice nice clothes and use them in a myriad of combination's.

I have been going kind of mainstream nice, I want to find my own style and conform to that.

some sites I like are www.kinowear.com www.lookbook.nu
I often people watched around my campus looking for new styles or ideas, but most of the guys were kinda bleh..the girls had a lot of style and fashion sense

·
Registered
87 Posts
Haha.. From a guy, I definitely notice girls who dress fashionably WAY more than those who don't. I often will just ignore a plainly dressed girl like she wasn't even there, though not intentionally. When I do notice the plain ones, I think I probably judge them as kind of trashy, though. I honestly almost never notice makeup at all, unless a girl is just wearing a lot of blush or something, maybe very prominent lipstick. But I really don't like makeup.. Maybe that's why I typically prefer my own gender ;)..

I used to dress in trashy clothes, and still do sometimes. I don't mean rich kids' "casual" clothes.. I mean walmart shirts so old they have holes in them. I just didn't care (smoked a lot of weed, too :p).. But now I'm starting to dress more to fit in and mimic the popular guys. You know, shopping at american eagle and abercrombie/hollister.. I don't go as far as the really attractive guys and get all "metro" flamboyant, though. I want to hide being gay, not be forced to constantly prove that I'm not.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I dress in the usual American Eagle and Express (guy). I usually go for the loud colors like yellow and light blue.

As far as girls with makeup go, it works for some, but for others it doesn't. Eye shadow is usually the biggest controversy. For some girls, it can really make me look at them differently (in a good way) and/or start to notice them a lot more. For others, it makes them look like they're trying too hard and its kind of a turnoff.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I dress..pretty eccentricly actually. I love lots of black, or plenty of bright colors combined. Cool!
I've even been caught in hairfalls at the store before.
What's a hairfall?

I dunno, when I dress how I want too I feel like a different person (the more extravagant the better I feel). Even though people stare/make rude comments. Though the most stressing part is actually..getting out in the open, out of the car. This is how I'd like to be. But the staring & rude comments stop me from doing it &/or really enjoying when I do.

Lately I haven't had the balls to dress how I want, and I feel more anxious then ever. Tommorow I think I'm gonna don some hot pink tights and lurk at walmart or something. ha ha Now you're talking. That is along the lines of myself as well. ... Not the hot pink part tho :)

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
I've been struggling with finding my fashion and such for years and as my struggle with that continued I struggled with my self esteem too so I became a plus size girl during all that and now I've found my sense of fashion but now i can't even wear it! Which is why I'm losing weight but that's another story..
My fashion is like comfortable, cute and such. I know I'm plus size and I don't let that stop me because even if I am heavier I can still look good. So i try to. If I don't I have a really hard time feeling comfortable outside of my home.

I usually just wear the colors that bring our my hair color or something and I stick to clothes that fit my body shape. I did a lot of research on it. I think anyone and everyone can look good with a little research.:boogie I definitely don't settle for dull most times.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
When i was 13 i started wearing black shirts only because i noticed they're thinning. When i was younger people in school used to make fun of me because i was ''chubby''...not hugely obese or anything, but when my whole class only had 40 kids altogether, kids had to find SOMEONE who stuck out to make fun of, and sadly that person was me. It really bothered me how kids used to treat me so when i saw that black made you look thinner at 13, that's all i wore. I didn't want to stand out by wearing light colors which would make me look like a whale. I didn't want to feel like people were staring at me. Black makes you blend in with the woodwork, that's what i wanted. As a young adult today, 90% of the shirts i wear are black, because i feel like less people will notice me that way, thus causing less of that dreaded feeling of being stared at. =/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts