Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...to be honest I wasnt a real fan of her career but my heart went out to her during her battle. :(

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Charlie's Angels was such an iconic show, and Farrah Fawcett was the first among equals in the cast. This was a harsh end to her life.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I saw this on the internet when I woke up this morning and have been depressed all day, this is very sad news.

R.I.P.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I liked Charlie's Angels but only when I was an adult. I remember that she was married to the star of The Six Million Dollar Man, Lee Majors for a while, and had great hair when she was young and I wish it would come back into style with that feathered flip.

·
insert witty comment here
6,159 Posts
Her picture is everywhere on the internet. I feel sad every time I see her face.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
I wasn't much of a fan myself. I mostly associate her with the Charlie's Angels.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Rectal problems are terrible and I can't imagine the pain. It would bring a tear to my eye that she was so sick and losing weight but she is out of pain now. I hope she made peace with God and got good meaning from her life. I think sometimes that may happen with people after they die if they die quickly and when they are dead although they made have limited ability to do things. I don't know really. She had time to wrap things up within herself though but it is really sad.

2,348 Posts
I wasn't a fan of hers either but cancer is a terrible way to die. :( She put up a brave and courageous fight. She and Ryan O'Neil were going to get married before she would die but she couldn't even speak. :( Ugh... how sad. :(

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I'm sad she died, even though I'm not old enough to remember ever seeing her at the height of her fame.

I'm also a little upset that hardly anyone is talking about it anymore, they are all concerned with Michael Jackson, and while he was nice, too, well, she died also.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's interesting when someone like her let's people see them as a real person. I lusted after her in my youth and kinda fell in love with her watching her recent cancer documentary. She was "hot" in lots of ways.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

She was only in the first year or first season then she quit because he husband, Lee Majors, wanted her to.

I liked the music opening theme, but the later one sounded better. This one is a little dry in the beginning.

She was replaced by Kate Jackson:

Then later Tanya Roberts replaced her:

I love that 70s music sound.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It makes me kind of sentimental when celebrities I grew up watching on TV die. I guess because it forces me to remember how much time has passed since that poster of Farrah was everywhere and the Jackson 5 cartoon was on every Saturday morning. I miss those days. Michael's death today actually made me cry. I was in love with him when I was 5. Neither one of us ever progressed much beyond that age, that's probably why I have a tender spot for him. Life is certainly passing by -- my kids have no idea who these people are. :O/

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I only ever watched her in a couple of movies and don't know an awful lot about her. But still, that must have been have been a horrible way to go and also think it's sad it happened just as she was about to get married too. :-(

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Yeah I had a crush on Farrah when I was a teenager, never missed an episode of Charlie's Angels. Never realized before she was 16 years older than me. R.I.P.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
It is kind of sad that her death has been overlooked ever since Michael Jackson's death was announced. Granted, her death had been anticipated for some time and she had appeared on several TV specials as of late. I hope her funeral is a few days apart from Michael's, so the media will give her another tribute.

George Carlin joked that he hoped he would die on a slow news day (which he did), so the media would make a big fuss over him.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is kind of sad that her death has been overlooked ever since Michael Jackson's death was announced. Granted, her death had been anticipated for some time and she had appeared on several TV specials as of late. I hope her funeral is a few days apart from Michael's, so the media will give her another tribute.

George Carlin joked that he hoped he would die on a slow news day (which he did), so the media would make a big fuss over him.
Yea I thought the same thing. Farrah really went to the back of the line after the Jackson story broke.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts