Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I announce my retirement from SAS. There are so many people to thank I don't know where to start. So I won't.

Over the years, we've grown close and I think I've really grown on you too. About 5 kg more I think. There are so many memories I'll take away with me. Like the time I posted on Sports Beat and expressed interest in American Gridiron. Or the time I visited Relationships and revealed my difficult relationship with my dog, Boner. Or even the time I lost the plot and in frustration posted on Frustration about my work situation....again. I think I counted about 197 times that I actually complained about my workplace on different threads. Maybe it's time to say farewell there too.:)

Social Anxiety is a terrible illness and my conclusion is that in fact everyone else is to blame. The world owes us (OK me then)and they haven't delivered yet. Maybe they will next year. God knows, I've been waiting long enough!
Why can't I be popular, by just being grumpy and ignoring everyone? It's not fair!

I know, I know...it's incredibly sad me leaving, but there comes a time in a real man's life when it's time to move on..(or at least away from his laptop)
I've found another forum but don't take it personally. New fans, new threads. I'll be missed here I know but take comfort in knowing, that you had the privilege of spending at least a few cyber minutes with a real pro, me.
So save the tears and find some joy if you can. Joy in the fact that Germany beat Brazil 7-0 or was it 7-1? Go
Deutchland forever!
Adieu
Rupert Riderless

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is with an even heavier heart (and body too), that I announce my return to SAS.
It didn't work out on the other forum. They didn't like my jokes and I felt like a real pariah. I think there were too many extroverts there too.
Well, my loss is your gain I guess.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
We'll miss you! I mean welcome back!!

·
Very Quiet
2,933 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I announce my retirement from SAS. There are so many people to thank I don't know where to start. So I won't.
It is with an even heavier heart (and body too), that I announce my return to SAS.
It didn't work out on the other forum.
:lol Welcome back Rider..
I can't speak for everyone.. Well, actually I can...:teeth

I missed your humor while you were away....

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
It didn't work out on the other forum. They didn't like my jokes and I felt like a real pariah. I think there were too many extroverts there too.
Well, my loss is your gain I guess.
Did not read the first one as it was too long. I would like condemn the other forum for not accepting you & your lam.... lovely sense of humor and wit. Now we will have to endur.... embrace a genius and his gift for forever and ever.

Hurrah!

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I read the first post and was thinking to myself "I'll bet my whole life's savings that this guy's going to be back within a week, tops". Guess it didn't even take more than an hour. lol

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I read the first post and was thinking to myself "I'll bet my whole life's savings that this guy's going to be back within a week, tops". Guess it didn't even take more than an hour. lol
Ms Void, now be honest
if anyone would miss me
you would
I have a huge presence on here
and the least I can do
is come back and help others who are also struggling to fit in
at their workplace

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did not read the first one as it was too long. I would like condemn the other forum for not accepting you & your lam.... lovely sense of humor and wit. Now we will have to endur.... embrace a genius and his gift for forever and ever.

Hurrah!
Do you think we could make a living as a comedy duo?
I'll be the straight man if you be the gay one.

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts

Well you get the gist...welcome back.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok you can be the cross dresser...no actually both of us.....we can do a Jack Lemmon/Tony Curtis Some like it Hot routine. That movie is brilliant!

Curtis: men are attracted to anything in a skirt. It's like a red rag to a bull.

Lemmon: OK, well I'm tired of being the red rag. I want to be the bull again.

(the movie version is funnier)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts